Required Years of Experience
The Alinea Group seeks a Chef De Partie to join our team in Chicago.The ideal candidate must be able to effortlessly multi-task, possess great communication skills, and enjoys the learning aspects of food and beverage.
Compensation Type: Hourly
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must be COVID-19 fully vaccinated. If you require a reasonable accommodation protected by law, please discuss with the HR department.
- Work under the direction of our chefs complete assigned tasks daily.
- Follow prep lists and recipes.
- Learns and executes specific dishes on their prescribed station.
- Complies with all health department requirements of food safety and staff hygiene including but not exclusive to labeling, time, and temperature.
- Actively participates in the positive relationship between FOH and BOH teams by maintaining steady stream of communication with entire staff.
- Follows safety and emergency procedures to protect staff, guests, and property.
- Reports any maintenance deficiencies immediately to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains thorough understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Predominantly works the PM shifts through the entirety of service.
- 50-60 hours per week.
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the restaurant to another.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 35 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
- Must be able to stand, walk, lift, bend and climb stairs for long periods of time.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, lift, reach, push, twist, walk, crouch, and squat.
- Starting at $18/hr
- Medical, vision, dental and life benefits available on the 1st of the month following full-time employment.
- Paid time off.
- 401(K) with a company match up to 4% of deferred earnings.
- CTA/Ventra discount available after 1 month of full-time employment.
- Employee Dining Discount, 20% to any Alinea Group restaurant.
- Referral Bonus Program Available.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, New American
Part of The Alinea Group
Alinea was founded in 2005 by Chef Grant Achatz and Nick Kokonas.
Featuring a single, seasonally driven tasting menu of between 18 and 22 courses, the experience of dining at Alinea is not only delicious, but also fun, emotional, and provocative.
Alinea has been universally praised for its innovative approach to modernist cuisine. It has three times been named the Best Restaurant in America and is the only restaurant in Chicago, and one of only 12 in the U.S., to earn the coveted Michelin 3-Star rating. It has also won the James Beard Award for Best Service in the United States.