Required Years of Experience
Scratchboard Kitchen is seeking a Pastry Cook with attention to detail, a willingness to learn and dedication to the Scratchboard Kitchen mission. The Pastry Cook will be expected to follow a prep list, keep up with a fast paced environment, communicate effectively, and execute prep work to the highest quality. We are building an environment where there is room to grow, collaborate, and learn.
- Follow a prep list and instructions according to the direction given by the Executive Chef.
- Ensure that the highest level of quality.
- Maintain a clean and organized station at all times.
- Compliant with all health and safety code requirements at all times.
- Ability to follow a recipe, and the food standards set by the chef.
- Ability to receive constructive criticism.
- A positive attitude is a must!
- 2+ Years of pastry and/or restaurant experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic culinary knowledge
- Eager to be better every day
- Team oriented
- Hourly: $13 - $20/hour; based on experience
- Benefits: Health insurance, optional vision & dental insurance, daily family meal, dining discounts
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
ABOUT SCRATCHBOARD KITCHEN:
Upscale casual restaurant in downtown Arlington Heights serving simple yet elevated scratch-made breakfast and lunch fare, coffee, fresh pressed juice, and alcoholic beverages.
Our Mission is for our guests to know Scratchboard Kitchen as a haven where they will always be welcomed, where they can find carefully crafted and beautifully presented food & beverage offerings that are both nourishing and indulgent, and where they always experience excellent service that exceeds their expectations.
Compensation: Hourly ($13.00 - $16.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Food Safety Knowledge
Safety Procedures Knowledge