Required Years of Experience
Legacy Records is seeking a Dining Room Assistant
A dining room assistant at Legacy Records is responsible for being an active, contributing member of the team. Dining room assistants are responsible for setting up the dining room to ensure a smooth service for the FOH team. They will also work closely with Front of House and Back of House Management to maintain and organize all of the service materials including, but not limited to, glassware, plateware, and silverware.
Work with management and the FOH and BOH teams to effectively maintain the Legacy Records standards of service and guest experience.
Legacy Records & DHG Policies and Guidelines
● Arrive on time and “floor-ready” for all scheduled shifts. Arrive to work following dress code guidelines and standards.
● Clock in and out for each scheduled shift and shift break. Exhibit accurate and effective use of time and attendance portals and procedures.
● Abide by all Legacy Records and Delicious Hospitality Group (DHG) policies and guidelines.
Service and Guest Experience
● Set up the dining room prior to the beginning of service.
● Once service begins, ensure that all glassware and flatware are cleaned and polished. Maintain cleanliness
and organization of all side stations and dish pit areas.
● Actively participate in the daily lineup.
● Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of
the restaurant both before, during and after service.
● Demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards.
● Keep all glassware, plateware, and silverware stocked and polished throughout the shift.
● Dispose of all trash, cardboard, etc. as needed throughout the shift.
● Responsible for accurate and timely organization of all orders, including pick-up, delivery and patio tickets.
● Assist in packing all to-go orders, organize to-go material and keep a running inventory of all to-go items.
● Check cleanliness of guest bathrooms on a scheduled basis as directed by FOH Manager. Restock bathroom
paper goods as needed. Wipe down surfaces.
● Complete all assigned side work as dictated by management.
● Maintain cleanliness and organization of all side stations and dish area.
● Able to lift 30+ lbs.
● Fluent in both written and spoken English.
● Polished personal presentation: Grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook.
● Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business.
● Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential
● Ability to perform essential job functions when working under stress, in fast-paced environment.
Work Experience Requirements
● 6+ months’ experience as a polisher, busser/runner in a similar caliber concept
● High school diploma or GED preferred
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Part of Delicious Hospitality Group
Delicious Hospitality Group, aka the team behind NYC’s Charlie Bird and Pasquale Jones (Chef Ryan Hardy and Sommeliers Robert Bohr and Grant Reynolds), is bringing their downtown expertise uptown by operating the hospitality component of Henry Hall, a new residential building in NYC’s Hudson Yards neighborhood. Spanning two floors of what was formerly Legacy Recording Studios, Delicious Hospitality’s venture will be home to an 85-seat restaurant, a walk up indoor/outdoor café, two private dining rooms with their own experiential chef kitchen and a cocktail and wine bar.
Guests can expect what they love from Charlie Bird and Pasquale Jones to translate into this new space: delicious food, excellent wine, exceptional service and a strong music line-up all in a fun and relaxed setting.
Chef Ryan Hardy will develop the culinary program with his fresh, flavorful cuisine, gathering inspiration from Italy’s northern coasts – there will be lots of seafood, vegetables, risotto (Ligurian, Venetian, Provence, Mediterranean-inspired).
Arvid Rosengren, the reigning ‘Best Sommelier in the World,’ and current wine director at Charlie Bird, will lead the hospitality team. And, master mixologist Jeff Bell from PDT (Please Don’t Tell) will arrange the cocktail program.
Built in a neighborhood once ripe with recording tradition and consistent with Delicious Hospitality’s belief that music is the key to the soul, the name Legacy Records seemed to be more than just a former studio, it landed as the name of the restaurant. Located at 517 W. 38th Street, Legacy Records will be open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and private dining beginning Fall 2017.