Required Years of Experience
Are you passionate about food, hospitality and fitness? The Executive Chef position comes with a host of unique benefits including the ability to work out in an industry leading health club located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. East Bank Club offers a wide array of food and beverage amenities including The Grill which is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the Food Shop, a grab and go market, and beautiful banquet spaces. The Executive Chef will be a part of our ongoing growth as we reimaging our future offerings. Come be part of this hard-working team with an unwavering commitment to service and quality.
Oversee and supervise kitchen in all phases of food storage, production, purchasing, requisitioning and sanitation. Ensure that all areas of the kitchen are ready for projected daily business. Drive each shift to maximize production. Handle personnel questions as they occur. Be part of a team that wants to create a dining experience that is on par with the club culture. Drive to help us all get better at what we do and to contribute to the greater good of our team. Have a passion for reaching for excellence with the idea that we can always do better. Must be willing to take on other areas as a team player at all times. Be open minded to different approaches and feedback. Help our Members live well.
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according to club guidelines
- Train in all areas of the back of house.
- Learn and practice our Mission, Vision Statement and Core Values: Help our Members Live Well
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensure all Walk-in are cleaned and organized at the end of every shift.
- Prepare food to specification before and during operations.
- Must be able to work and keep calm under pressure.
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Supervise line production at necessary times (expedite service)
- Cooperate with front of house supervisor to ensure best possible service for the Members
- Maintain Floor Operations
- Must be able to lift 50#
Management of Staff
- Supervise all salary and hourly staff daily. Focus on specific outlet assigned for any given day.
- Resolve employee issues in conjunction with HR and F&B Director
- Assign, direct, or change job assignments as necessary
- Verbal counsel and discipline employees; recommend any formal discipline to F&B Director
- Review employees as needed: 45-day, 90-day and annual reviews
- Lead and Inspire daily.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
All other job duties as assigned by management. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee.
- Ability to work well with others and be open to change and growth
- Understand the idea of diversity, inclusion and belonging as part of our culture at EBC
- Be able to contribute daily to improving or modifying our offerings
- Huge understanding that there is no line between front and back of house. We are all working for the same result. To take care of our members on a daily basis.
- Understanding that this is a long-term position for the right candidate
- Ability to be available for Holidays and Weekends. Flexible with schedule.
- 5+ years of Executive Chef experience in restaurant or hotel settings.
- Maintain proper food certifications specific to Chicago Laws
- Ability to be a leader with a desire to educate and empower team members, creating accountability standards
- Strong attention to operational and administrative detail
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills
- Team player with enthusiastic outlook and creative mind
- Access to fitness facility for workouts
- Access to employee programs and classes
- Work/life balance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discounts
- Discounted Parking Options
Effective October 1, 2021 all employees must be vaccinated. Religious and Medical Exemptions will be reviewed upon request. All employees must wear masks unless working in a private office.
East Bank Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer and drug/ smoke free workplace.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Managing a Team