Click your avatar to access saved jobs and applications
Socalo is a growing company with a small, tight knit group of dedicated individuals that are passionate about food, beverage, and service. We are looking for a dedicated, organized bartender who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. Due to staffing needs, the bartender is expected to work weekends, nights, and holidays. Above all, the bartender will conduct themselves in a way reflecting the culture and philosophy of Socalo.
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable and well-kept bartender to serve classic cocktails and Socalo originals to our clientele. An ideal candidate should be able to engage with customers, prepare beverages, serve food, properly use bar equipment and handle basic cleaning duties.
- Welcoming customers, reading and listening to people to determine beverage preferences, making recommendations, and taking drink orders.
- Selecting and mixing ingredients, garnishing glasses, and serving beverages to customers.
- Checking identification to ensure customers are the legal age to purchase alcohol.
- Adhering to all food safety and quality regulations.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- High School Diploma.
- Additional education, training, certificates, or experience may be required.
- Meets state minimum age to serve alcohol.
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Positive, engaging personality and professional appearance.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong task and time management abilities.
- Eye for detail and understanding of drink mixing tools and techniques.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, etc. for extended periods, and lift up to 25 lbs.
Compensation: Hourly ($15.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance
Mexican, Californian, Breakfast / Brunch
Part of Border Grill