Required Years of Experience
Aster Hall is looking for a Full Time AM Pastry Chef to join our team! We are offering a $300 signup bonus, payable after 30 days' employment.
Aster Hall is a vibrant food hall on the North end of Chicago's Magnificent Mile. Guests can experience Aster Hall on 3 floors inside of the 900 N. Michigan Shops. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is proficient in problem-solving. Must achieve quality results by consistently upholding defined standards over time. We value stability, longevity and encourage growth within our company.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must have previous pastry experience.
- Must be able to work independently, with limited supervision.
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a Baker or Pastry Chef.
- Open availability.
- Flexible and willingness to adapt to ongoing changes.
- Must be career focused, ready to learn with a positive mindset.
- Must have flexibility with scheduling.
- Must have a willingness to go above and beyond to make sure that the product that is put out is the best quality that it can be.
- Must be proficient in mousses, batters, cookies, cakes, breads, chocolate, candies, doughnuts.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workloads for designated station.
- Must be able to work shifts from 4am-12pm including weekends.
- Able to stand or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Endless growth potential in an organization that offers exceptional wages, health, dental and vision insurance, commuter benefits, 401k, and the chance to contribute to one of the most dynamic restaurant groups in the country.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Upscale Casual
Part of Hogsalt
Gilt Bar features a new American fare designed for sharing. Guests can enjoy a curated menu of seasonally inspired small plates, pastas, seafood and grilled entrees, including the signature Tenderloin steak tartare and ricotta gnocchi along with a cocktail-driven menu of bar classics, including Old Fashions, 75’s, Manhattans and Martinis.