Required Years of Experience
The flagship of Gage Hospitality Group, The Gage has been a perennial favorite of locals and visitors alike for over ten years by effortlessly blending European influence with American style. The restaurant serves refined, rustic cuisine, innovative libations and an award-winning wine list in a lively, convivial setting.
The Gage is currently seeking a motivated P.M. Pastry Cook to join our team. The Pastry Assistant will carry out culinary and operational tasks to meet our restaurant's specifications and unwavering commitment to quality.
What Makes You Great:
- You have a passion for and expertise baking and cooking
- Excellent knife and other food preparation skills
- You have experience in a high-volume restaurant setting preparing cakes, breakfast pastries, breads, and plated desserts of the highest quality
- You are highly organized and have the ability to work well under pressure while prioritizing tasks
- You are a motivated individual who requires little to no supervision
- You accept direction and constructive criticism from management
- You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- You are a team-player who is able to perform other duties assigned as needed
- You have open availability
What Makes Us Great:
- Competitive Pay
- Dining Discounts at all GHG restaurants
- 50% paid Medical Insurance; 100% paid Dental and Vision Insurance (employee-only coverage)
- Best in Class Training and Development
- Advancement Opportunities
Required Education, Experience and Documentation:
- Prior restaurant pastry experience
- ServSafe Food Handlers Certificate
- Ability to fluently speak, write, and read the English language
Gage Hospitality Group is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Gage Hospitality Group will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Comfort Food
Gastro Pub, Upscale Casual
Part of Gage Hospitality Group
The Gage is the iconic restaurant at 24 South Michigan Avenue, along the Chicago Cultural Mile and steps from Millennium Park and The Art Institute. The restaurant serves rustic American fare in a refined, lively setting, complemented by an innovative libations program.