Required Years of Experience
Viceroy Chicago, located in the exclusive Gold Coast neighborhood, will mark Viceroy’s first destination in the Windy City. Located at the site of the 1920's-era Cedar Hotel, among historic mansions and just steps to the Magnificent Mile and Lake Michigan, Viceroy Chicago will offer a locally-inspired luxury experience with 180 guestrooms, including 18 suites. Explore modern, Midwest flavors at the hotel’s restaurant or head up to the rooftop bar, pool and lounge, perched 18 stories high for a sweeping panorama of Great Lake views and Chicago’s iconic, soaring skyline.
Scope of this position:
- Must be passionate about pastries and bread making and have extensive knowledge of the preparation of different desserts, pastries and breads
- Works as part of the Culinary team
- Reports to the Executive Chef, takes new daily orders and discussed suggestions, new menus and any challenges which may arise in the operation of the department.
- Consistently research and develop new pastry ideas
- Is willing to learn new Pastry and baking techniques and how to use equipment.
- Creates new desserts, pastry and bread items establishing the new recipes and methods of presentation.
- Determines freshness and suitability of products made/used in the Pastry section and that they are stored properly and used economically.
- Ensures that the Pastry Shop Front and Back areas are clean and orderly at all times.
- Works in cooperation with other kitchen sections, the restaurant and banquet team.
- Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments
- Perform other job duties and projects as directed.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Three or more years of work experience in a luxury resort in a similar position.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and regulations that relate to the restaurant and local, state and federal laws
- Must be able to walk and stand for up to four (4) or more hours in length
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch
- Must be able to occasionally lift items up to 25lbs
- Must be able to around heat and equipment emitting heat for up to four (4) hours in length
- All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Viceroy Chicago participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice:
High School or better.
3 years: Three or more years of work experience in a luxury resort in a similar position.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Full Service Hotel, Luxury Hotel