Required Years of Experience
Rossoblu is searching for an individual who wants to start their career in restaurant management at a Michelin-rated restaurant. Maybe you are a recent hospitality graduate, lead server, lead bartender, lead host, floor supervisor or floor manager looking for the path to General Manager? This position is for you. We are willing to train the right person who has a heart of hospitality, an excellent knowledge of steps of service, and the potential to lead people. We will also provide a relocation stipend for the right person.
Summary of Position
Under the direction of the General Manager and Managing Partners, the Assistant General Manager embodies our Core Values, is deeply committed to our Core Mission of a healthy workplace contributing to the well-being of our employees and our guests. The Assistant General Manager promotes a guest-obsessed culture that is diverse, inclusive, and fair. Their skillset also includes impeccable service skills, empathetic dedication to guests and staff all while focusing on sales strategies. Problem resolution abilities, motivational and team-oriented leadership, and discerning attention to guests are also paramount. The AGM also assists the General Manager in operational processes that contribute to the bottom line, such as managing FOH labor, facility maintenance, and operating expenses.
- Work and learn with the Director of Hospitality, General Manager, and front of house team to ensure an elevated guest experience while embodying all of our core values.
- Floor presence to ensure the sales team is hitting their sales targets and that guests are delighted.
- Floor presence to contribute to sales of wine and spirits.
- Work with the Director of Hospitality and General Manager to educate FOH staff with sales tools and sales techniques to drive revenue.
- Work with the Director of Hospitality, General Manager to create, maintain, and improve checklists, PAR lists, order lists, inventory lists, and other tools needed for service staff organization.
- Work with the Director of Hospitality, General Manager to edit and produce menus for Food and Beverage.
- Opening and closing duties.
- Work with the Director of Hospitality, General Manager to oversee Host team, Bar Maven, Wine Maven and delegate responsibilities where possible.
- Excel in exemplifying grit through long services while always showing grace under pressure.
- Partner with Bar Maven and Wine Maven to maximize profitability in our Wine & Spirits program.
- Contribute to staff education on product knowledge.
- Contribute and prioritize your role as a salesperson during service. Sales can sometimes mean backing up the sales team so they can shine.
- Act as point of contact or support for events and large parties.
- Oversee, assist, and liaison all tech operating systems (TOAST, TOCK, OPEN TABLE, XTRACHEF to name a few) to ensure all sales and cost tracking systems are user-friendly and stable.
- Sales systems for our service teams should be optimized at all times. These systems should give the team confidence so that the guest experience is always seamless and delightful.
- Alert General Manager of facility issues.
- Coordinate and manage any facilities-related projects.
- Assist General Manager in creating and communicating a monthly report on facility maintenance and infrastructure
HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICIES/STANDARDS ENFORCEMENT
- In light of COVID-19, help to create a vigilant and hyper-aware operation throughout the property. Supervise and maintain a clean, sanitary, and safe work environment. Help keep all areas clean and organized at all times including signage for safety standards.
- Work with management teams and cleaning teams to ensure equipment is kept pristine and in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety, and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees, and guests.
- Assist Office Assistant in ensuring that staff is all certified ServSafe and has STAR training.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations pertaining to employee relations, including harassment prevention in the workplace.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma/GED required
- Able to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- 2+ years of restaurant experience; preferably as a lead server or floor supervisor
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to impact and inspire others.
- Serve Safe Manager Certification
- Manager Harassment Training Certification
- STAR Alcohol Training Certification
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Computer/POS literacy preferred
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in a standing position for an extended period of time.
- Able to walk for extended periods of time and long distances while on the service floor and City Market South campus.
- Carry trays of food that may weigh up to 15 pounds
- Occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Frequently move about inside the premises to access server stations, shelving above head, tables, restaurant equipment, etc.
- Must be able to use all limbs.
Compensation: Salary ($60,000.00 - $65,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts, family meal, cell phone stipend
High Volume Service
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of San Julian Hospitality Group
Rossoblu tells the story of the two places chef Steve Samson considers home: Los Angeles and Bologna. This is an homage to Samson’s heritage, inspired by childhood memories of summers spent in Bologna and its surrounding region, Emilia Romagna. The menu features handmade pastas, market fresh produce, and an extensive in-house butchery and salumi program. The wine list focuses on unique Italian and Californian varietals, with a sharp focus on Emilia Romagna’s famed Lambrusco. A true family owned and operated restaurant, Rossoblu is managed by Steve's wife, Dina, and their management team whom they have worked with over the last 10+ years.
Located in downtown’s City Market South, the site of Los Angeles’s original wholesale farmer’s market, Rossoblu’s open kitchen, marbled serpentine bar, and starry-lit vaulted dining room create a convivial dining environment. The outdoor piazza allows al fresco diners to feel far removed from the nearby city bustle. An intimate downstairs wine cellar offers a glimpse into the chef's pasta workshop and butcher box. The cellar is also available for private dining.