Required Years of Experience
UPSCALE FRENCH RESTAURANT GROUP IS LOOKING TO HIRE PROFESSIONAL AND EXPERIENCED SOMMELIER IMMEDIATELY.
GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES ARE AVAILABLE.
OPEN CALL - Monday - Friday
10AM - 6PM
PLEASE COME TO: 20 E 60th Street New York, NY 10022
BRING YOUR RESUME
ASK FOR THE MANAGER ON DUTY
***WEEKEND AVAILABILITY NEEDED
We are looking for a Sommelier to act as our wine expert. A Sommelier is responsible for assisting with wine and food pairings for the menu, overseeing the serving of wine to patrons, and sourcing wines from vineyards.
Sommelier responsibilities include recommending wine varieties to our guests, supervising and wine serving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining an updated list of wines that complement our food selections
- Collaborating with chefs and the food and beverage manager when making selections
- Creating food and wine pairings
- Recommending wines to patrons based on price, personal taste, and food selection
- Overseeing the serving and storage of wine and training the waitstaff on the wine selection
- Making sure wines are served in the correct glassware and at the proper temperature
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience as a sommelier
- Detailed knowledge of wines in general and especially of area wines and vineyards
- Familiarity with vineyards’ winemaking processes
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Open availability, including during business hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and which regions produce each type
Where permitted by applicable law, proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine is required before commencement of employment. Consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state, or local law, it is the policy of Le Bilboquet to provide reasonable accommodations in all aspects of employment, including in the application process, to individuals who may need such accommodation because of disability, pregnancy, religion, or other reason required by law, unless such accommodation would cause undue hardship or a direct threat to others.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance
French Wine Knowledge
american wine knowledge