Required Years of Experience
Chop Shop is looking for an energetic and pro-active manager to join our growing team! Previous Floor Management and and Events Management Experience Necessary.
The ideal candidate should have experience with inventory management, ordering, training and coordinating private dining and events.
Experience working in a high volume, fast pace and diverse enviornment is a plus!
Opening in Oct 2013 the Chop Shop has been a staple of the Wicker Park/Bucktown food and concert scene. We have been fortunate to continue growing our reputation as stand-out Chicago restaurant and Events Space. Named one of Chicago's best new bars, best new restaurant 2014, and one of the best burgers in America, the Chop Shop is a three headed monster of a space featuring multiple divisions and a wide variety of culinary offerings. We feature a full in-house retail butcher and deli operation, restaurant in the downstairs Butcher Bar (holding 80 people) and the upstairs Butcher's Brother (seating 75), patio (seating 75) and 500 person event space in back.
The restaurant focuses on working with the freshest local ingredients, providing a warm and friendly experience, and an unpretentious approach to cocktails, beer, and wine.
The event space features a wide array of programming ranging from live concerts, private events and fundraisers, weddings, showers, Mitzvah's, corporate dinners and parties, to large scale food events (Old Style's Pizza Summit, DonutFest), just to name a few.
Voted Best Outdoor Patio in Wicker Park
Voted Best New Restaurant in Chicago!
We're looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests' expectations to become part of the winning team at the Chop Shop.
Our team works together to exceed our clients', and their guest's expectations. We offer medical, dental and paid vacation after 90 days. Chicago Chop Shop, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment.
TITLE: Floor and Events Manager
REPORTS TO: Ownership, COO
A minimum of 3 years experience in a full service, semi casual restaurant in a similar capacity as a floor and/or events manager
Classic Food / Craft Beer Service Knowledge
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Conflict Resolution, Customer service,
Food Safety Knowledge
OpenTable, Tock or other POS Systems (Toast/Aloha)
City of Chicago Food Manager Certification
Desired Skills and Experience:
A genuine passion for fine dining combined with solid food knowledge
(Italian food knowledge preferred)
Must possess a hospitable and approachable demeanor combined with impeccable service standards, clean work habits and a keen eye for detail
Proven ability to lead others and positively influence employee behavior with a "lead by example" mentality
Ability to multitask in a high volume environment while always maintaining your sense of humor and appearing calm
A professional and polished appearance is essential combined with the ability to interact with all types of team members and build relationships with guests
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule
• Must have computer knowledge of basic restaurant systems including Word and Excel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assists general manager with staffing responsibilities for hosts, servers, server assistants, food runners, bartenders for day to day and events. This includes helping with hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and terminating, with General Manager's support.
• Oversee directly the host team and play a part in daily operations of this area.
• Cultivates guest relationships by getting to know Chop Shop repeat guests, as well as by developing new relationships with guests who have not previously experienced Chop Shop's many services
• With General Manager's support, implement and enforce policy and procedure to ensure that all verbiage amongst host/server/bartender/busser and food runner staff employees is uniform with guest communication.
• Works closely with FOH and BOH management and ownership in order to achieve seamless communication between the departments.
• Explores new ways to maximize the reservation system's options for the overall benefit of the restaurant and guest accommodation.
• Performs daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment. Addresses problems with management and owners involving the cost, installation, and maintenance of such equipment.
• Make sure the entire space looks, smells, and feels good and maintains the standards set by Chop Shop (lighting, temperature, bathrooms, cleanliness, and seating arrangements).
• Participates in training about standardized policies (fire, hygiene, health, safety, employee handbook, etc.).
Please include a brief cover letter stating your experience and why you would like to take on this role.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
High Volume Service
Team Development and Training
Events Management Knowledge
Special Events Planning