Required Years of Experience
We are looking for professional service staff to deliver our home-grown style of hospitality and passion for the craft. If you are a hospitality professional that possesses the following traits, we want to meet you:
• Upscale casual experience
• Desire to work hard in a team-centered environment
• Skilled in food prep, high volume and various cuisines
• Dependable, responsible, reliable, and self-motivated
• Strong organizational and system skills
• Hunger to learn and seize opportunities for advancement by stepping above and beyond
• Wish to be a part of a vibrant and energetic company
• Experience with Belgian, French, or German food a plus
Located in the vibrant Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., The Sovereign features 50 drafts and more than 200 bottles meticulously curated by Beer Director Greg Engert. The Sovereign offers an expansive breadth of craft beer selections that is the trademark of the best Belgian beers. Similarly, the menu at The Sovereign focuses on rustic, ingredient-driven Belgian dishes, while also drawing on French, German and Dutch cooking traditions. Dutch-style mussels, braises and stews such as Lapin a la Kriek (Rabbit braised in Cherry Beer), Flammkuchen and Tartes Flambé and other classic regional dishes serve as the core of the seasonally changing menu.
Please forward your resume, and we will contact you to set up an appointment in the coming days.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Neighborhood Restaurant Group
The Sovereign – the latest project from the Neighborhood Restaurant Group – is a forthcoming Belgian bar and bistro committed to celebrating the rustic cuisine and fabled brewing culture of Belgium.
We are now hiring for all positions: Servers, Bartenders, Support (Food Runners and Bussers), Hosts, Cooks.
The two-story bar and bistro will open in late 2015. We are looking for professional service staff to deliver our home-grown style of hospitality. If you are a hospitality professional that possesses the following traits, we want to meet you:
- Previous experience in casual to fine-dining settings
- A passion for food, beverage (especially beer!), and knowledge
- The ability to multitask while demonstrating grace under pressure
- The ability to anticipate and exceed varying guests needs
- A positive, upbeat attitude and the desire to provide excellent hospitality
- Focus and direction to thrive in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment
- A team-player mentality
- Learning about and educating guests on our extensive craft beer, wine, and liquor program
- Learning about and educating guests on how to properly pair food with beverage
- Precise order taking and correctly sending information to the kitchen
- Constant communication with management, kitchen, bar, and fellow floor staff regarding guest likes, dislikes, needs, potential issues, etc.
- Providing guests with a true dining experience rather than a just another meal
- Desire to be part of an environment foundered on growth, education, and development
- Open availability, to fully invest yourself in the development of an exciting new concept, and be invested in as well
Located in the vibrant Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., The Sovereign will feature 50 drafts and more than 200 bottles meticulously curated by Beer Director Greg Engert. From Trappist Monastic producers whose brewing history dates back hundreds of years to an up-and-coming new generation of Belgian brewers, as well as international and domestic producers of exceptional Belgian-style ales, The Sovereign will offer an expansive breadth of selections that illuminate the flavor-driven, craft-brewed complexity that is the trademark of the best Belgian beers.
Just as The Sovereign will champion brewers who use simple, true recipes and let technique and patience yield complex flavors, so too will our culinary team. Executive Chef Peter Smith will focus on rustic, ingredient-driven Belgian dishes, while also drawing on French, German and Dutch cooking traditions. Dutch-style mussels, braises and stews such as Lapin a la Kriek (Rabbit braised in Cherry Beer), Flammkuchen and Tartes Flambé and other classic regional dishes will serve as the core of Smith’s seasonally changing menu.
Interviews are being scheduled now. Please forward your resume, references, and schedule availability, and we will contact you to set up an appointment in the coming days. Please, no walk-ins, telephone calls, or submissions from those who are not possessing the qualities we seek.