Required Years of Experience
estela, the SoHo restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos is seeking enthusiastic, skilled a motivated Bar Assistant to join the team.
The Bar Assistant is responsible for receiving, organizing, storing, and restocking beer, soda, and liquor in accordance with the restaurants’ bar program. This position will be responsible for bar set up and preparation for daily service. The Bar Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining the bar and stocking essential bar items as well as assisting service staff for daily service.
- Receiving, organizing, storing, and restocking in accordance with the bar program
- Bar setup and preparation for daily service
- Bar maintenance
- Assist Bar Director and General Manager with bar related tasks
- 2+ Year Experience in New York City Restaurants, ideally with a similar calibre restaurant
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine, beer & spirits
- Ability to learn quickly
- Driven, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Positive attitude and guest-service oriented
- Good communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Hourly ($25.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Matter House
Estela is a restaurant in downtown Manhattan from chef Ignacio Mattos. Set one floor above Houston Street, it is a bistro at heart, taking familiar ideas like tartare, ricotta dumplings, burrata on toast, fried rice, and steak, and presenting them in new, satisfying ways. The bar is open late, and you can come in for just a glass and a small bite, should you feel like it. Now in its 8th year, Estela has earned numerous accolades, including a place on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants List, a Michelin star and two stars from both New York Magazine and the New York Times.