Required Years of Experience
Altro Paradiso, the SoHo restaurant from chef Ignacio Mattos is seeking enthusiastic, skilled and motivated Bar Assistants to join the team.
The Bar Assistant is responsible for receiving, organizing, storing, and restocking beer, soda, and liquor in accordance with the restaurants’ bar program. This position will be responsible for bar set up and preparation for daily service. The Bar Assistant will also be responsible for maintaining the bar and stocking essential bar items as well as assisting service staff for daily service.
- Receiving, organizing, storing, and restocking in accordance with the bar program
- Bar setup and preparation for daily service
- Bar maintenance during service
- Assist Bar Director and General Manager with bar related tasks
- 2+ Year Experience in New York City Restaurants, ideally with a similar calibre restaurant
- Passionate and knowledgeable about wine, beer & spirits
- Ability to learn quickly
- Driven, hardworking and enthusiastic
- Positive attitude and guest-service oriented
- Good communication skills
- Desire to work in a collaborative environment
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Compensation: Hourly ($25.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Matter House
Located on a bright downtown corner, Altro Paradiso serves chef-owner Ignacio Mattos' light, satisfying takes on Italian cuisine: a beloved fennel salad with provolone cheese, arancini dipped in Calabrian chili oil, and house-made candele cacio e pepe, to name but a few classics. Though Altro frequently ranks among the best places to eat in New York City, it's a pretty laid-back place that tends to attract quite a few regulars from the neighborhood.