Required Years of Experience
Beatrix – located in Chicago’s River North, Streeterville and Fulton Market neighborhoods as well as Oak Brook, IL – is now hiring PASTRY COOKS, Pastry Chefs & Bakers to join our growing teams! As part of Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants, we offer competitive pay as well as perks and benefits -- including employee discounts, complimentary meals during shifts, paid vacation, 401(k), health & dental insurance, and more.
If you’re looking for the next step in your career, consider joining Beatrix – please apply!
- Work today, get paid tomorrow: receive up to 50% of your previous day's pay!
- BCBS health insurance & other options including dental
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Restaurant discounts
- Opportunities for career growth
Beatrix is a neighborhood coffeehouse, restaurant and meeting place highlighting comfort food dishes, vegetarian choices and healthy-meets-delicious specials. The beverage program features fresh‑squeezed juice cocktails, local craft beers and all‑American wines. The coffee bar showcases house blends from Beatrix Coffee Roasters, barista-created lattes, Bulletproof Coffee, Nitro and signature cookies and in-house pastry favorites.
Join Lettuce Entertain You! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth. If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team. EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Pastry Cooks are responsible for the preparation, production and presentation of baked goods, pastries and/or desserts.
- Prepare baked goods according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Assist Chef in overseeing the bread and/or pastry inventory and communicating needs to ordering manager
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multitask calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare ingredients needed for bread, pastry and/or dessert recipes as needed
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels
- Maintain food safety and quality standards
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Maintain menu item counts and communicate to Management and service staff when quantities fall below restaurant specific minimum quantity
- Accurately account for all items coming out of the station
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Beatrix is an inviting neighborhood restaurant, cafe and meeting place in Chicago's River North. Our menu highlights healthful cooking, vegetarian entrees and comfort food dishes. Drink menus feature all-American wines, local craft beers and fresh-squeezed juice cocktails. Our coffee bar showcases iconic Chicago roasters and pastries from our in-house bakery. Beatrix serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, late night and weekend brunch.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify.