Required Years of Experience
Pastry Chef position - Full Time
Summary of our Verzenay's business: We make handcrafted French baked goods, pastries, with no artificial ingredients! We currently sell direct to our customers, supply to hotels, sell at gourmet store fronts and also sell in the Chicago's Farmer's Market.
We opened our new Store front in Lincoln Park, July 28, 2021. and looking for team members who are willing to take on the challenge by joining our Verzenay team. We are a proud Women owned business.
$18-$20- per hour, depending on your experience and expertise. Full time. Experience in Pastry environment is required.
Please send resumes to [email protected] . Call 817-875-0699 for any questions.
Pastry ChefPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the bakery’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
- Should have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Order or requisition food, equipment, or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Take delivery of supplies and store in designated areas as soon as receiving the products.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Should be able to lift objects weighing about 50lbs, lift, bend and stand for long hours during shifts.
- Wash, cut, and prepare foods designated for cooking.
- Measure ingredients required for specific food items being prepared.
- Pre-cook items such as vegetables, meat etc, to prepare them for later use.
- Proof and bake breads, pastries, etc as per instructions.
- Prepare dough, following a recipe.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, pastries, desserts etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Verify that prepared food meets requirements for quality and quantity.
- Check and maintain proper food holding and refrigeration temperature control points
- Clean, stock, and restock workstations and food storage areas.
- Maintain sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Wash tools, prep tools, equipment and other dishes by hand when needed.
- Clean and organize food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils as you go. Also responsible for cleaning kitchen floors, mats, walls, hoods, other equipment and food storage areas and taking out trash.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the bakery.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed.
- Work as a team and train other employees as needed.
- Schedule activities and equipment use with managers, using information about daily menus to help coordinate cooking times.
You have requested that ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Baking and or Pastry experience do you have?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
Compensation: Hourly ($18.00 - $20.00)
Benefits & Perks: Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses
Pastry Commissary Knowledge
Pastry Menu Development
Pastry Program Management
Petits Fours Making
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie, Cafe
Chef and Pâtissière Arshiya Farheen decided to make her love for baking into a profession. She spent over a year in Paris, where she studied at the French school of culinary arts: Ferrandi, Lenotre and Christophe Michalak Masterclass; worked at hotel Le Meurice and at boulangerie-pâtisserie Delmontel. She returned to her hometown in Chicago and along with her husband and business partner Aqeel, began her career by selling at the Green City Market as well as supplying to hotels, coffee shops and now, about 15 Whole Foods stores in and around Chicago.
Mission and Vision:
At Verzênay, we are all about sharing our passion for artisanally crafted savory and sweet baked goods, pastries and desserts, using all natural ingredients including natural colors and extracts. We source many of our key ingredients locally when possible. Our chocolate comes from companies that use sustainable cocoa.
Every product we make is a refinement in flavor, texture and appearance, and we want our customers and clients to experience the pleasure in savoring our products, as we had in making it for them.
Chef and Owner