Required Years of Experience
APPLY ONLINE AT QHIRE.NET/BAZAAR
We are creating the ultimate mosaic of culinary force under one roof! With three restaurants and catering and event spaces we are looking to build a rewarding team experience that will foster collaboration and leadership and put an emphasis on technique and skill development. A Pastry Cook takes full ownership for the daily preparation and execution of food items in their station. They follow recipes, procedures and presentation standards consistently. They take direction from the Pastry Chefs on duty to ensure the best possible product is produced and executed. The continually strive to exceed guest expectations and to provide them with nothing less than extraordinary dining experiences.
Ambassador of TFG - GRG Culture:
Seek out opportunities to communicate vision to team, guests, students, vendors and community in a clear and positive manner. Lead by example. Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative in daily tasks by anticipating business needs and proactively addressing issues. Readily adjust to circumstances and manage change effectively by finding ways to accommodate team and guests by always ‘making it happen’, without sacrificing quality. Create a positive work environment by demonstrating no tolerance for negative behaviors. Welcome new ideas and seek feedback from team by asking questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily production for all outlets, assisting cooks as needed.
- Manage prep item pars and complete writing and execution of prep list.
- Maintain a standard of presentation of all items produced and continually help to develop new standards for the stations.
- Uphold the highest standards of food safety and sanitation practices to ensure the health and safety of our staff and guests.
- Be able to properly use specialty equipment (mixer, dough sheeter, etc.)
- Ability to adapt and make decisions quickly.
- Communicate with coworkers and managers clearly.
- Approach every day with a pro-active “can do” attitude and calm, competent professionalism.
- Prefer one to two years of pastry experience.
- Current with pastry concepts, practices and procedures.
- Organized and able to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program, Family meal twice a day, dining discounts at all Gibsons and ThinkFoodGroup locations!!
Other jobs you might be interested in
José Andrés’ ThinkFoodGroup, in partnership with Chicago’s Gibsons Restaurant Group, brings to life Bazaar Meat, Bar Mar, & Café by the River in the new Bank of America Tower at 110 N. Wacker. This joint venture represents an unprecedented pairing of Gibsons Restaurant Group’s Lombardo family with the two-Michelin star Chef Andrés, combining the culinary ingenuity of his ThinkFoodGroup with the operational expertise of the Gibsons team. TFG and GRG are collaborating to bring diners an unmatched level of hospitality and an authentic culinary experience.
Bazaar Meat is a wild and wonderful celebration of the carnivorous, in all its forms. Guests at Bazaar Meat are invited to begin their evening with cocktails at Bar Mar and then progress upstairs to the extraordinary dining room, which takes open kitchens to the next level —from the dramatic fire kitchen with wood grills and rotisseries to the raw bars for ceviches, carpaccios and tartares.