Required Years of Experience
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Delicious Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know. In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble, the women-first social networking app, and Delicious Hospitality Group, the brand behind popular restaurants Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records, are looking for a Sommelier to join our new Bumble Brew team. Bumble Brew is an all-day café and wine bar coming to New York City’s bustling Soho neighborhood in 2021.
Bartenders are responsible for creating hospitable guest experiences, while demonstrating a level of excellence in both food & beverage knowledge and all technical aspects of the position.
Bumble Brew & DHG Policies and Guidelines
- Arrive on time and “floor-ready” for all scheduled shifts. Arrive to work following dress code guidelines and standards.
- Clock in and out for each scheduled shift and shift break. Exhibit accurate and effective use of time and attendance portals and procedures.
- Abide by all Bumble Brew and Delicious Hospitality Group (DHG) Policies and guidelines.
Service & Guest Experience
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service and consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Anticipate guest needs and create strong guest relationships. Demonstrating strong guest recognition skills is critical.
- Ensure constant communication with staff members, management and the kitchen at all times during service.
- Ensure that management is aware of any guest needs or concerns in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy when using the POS system during service.
- Utilize soignee system effectively and assign headers for any VIP guests/Allergies/etc.
- Practice and refine the use of salesmanship when interacting with guests.
- Actively mobilize Busser/Runner team to fulfill all steps of service while focusing on guest needs.
- Demonstrate ability to aid co-workers during service while successfully maintaining a section.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency for both actively cleaning the bar top, when responding to guest needs and while maintaining guest space.
- Shows attention to detail particularly as it pertains to maintaining cleanliness of bar and bar storage areas.
- Demonstrates thorough execution of the bar prep list daily, as necessary.
Menu Knowledge, Sidework and Station Maintenance
- Demonstrates knowledge of all menu items, as well as daily specials. All members of the team are responsible for being able to effectively describe each dish as well as the ingredients, preparation/techniques, purveyors and allergens.
- Must have strong beverage knowledge and must be able to effectively navigate the by the glass list and suggest pairings without the assistance of a sommelier.
- Shows working knowledge and execution of cocktail recipes and the ability to follow recipes for syrups and all house-made ingredients.
- Actively participate during line up and assist in educating staff members.
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- Complete all assigned side work as dictated by management.
- Ensure that all glassware and flatware are cleaned and polished. Maintain cleanliness and organization of all side stations and dish pit area.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cafe, Wine Bar
Part of Delicious Hospitality Group
Bumble (the women-first social networking app) and Delicious Hospitality Group (Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records), are teaming up to bring New York City an all-day café, wine bar, and private event space in Soho - opening July 2021!
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night.
Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, carefully sourced coffee and teas from the team behind the cafe program at Easy Viktor. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with house-made pasta and small plates you've come to expect from the Delicious Hospitality team.
Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.