Required Years of Experience
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Delicious Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble, the women-first social networking app, and Delicious Hospitality Group, the brand behind popular restaurants Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records, are looking for a Host to join our new Bumble Brew team. Bumble Brew is an all-day café and wine bar coming to New York City’s bustling Soho neighborhood in 2021.
A Host at Bumble Brew is responsible for creating a welcoming environment for all guests. They are also the liaison between the front door, management, and kitchen. They must have strong guest recognition skills and must be able to utilize our reservations platform, Resy, to the standards and guidelines of Bumble Brew.
Working closely with FOH managers to create a seamless front door experience for all guests.
Bumble Brew & DHG Policies and Guidelines
- Arrive on time and “floor-ready” for all scheduled shifts. Arrive to work following dress code guidelines and standards.
- Clock in and out for each scheduled shift and shift break. Exhibit accurate and effective use of time and attendance portals and procedures.
- Abide by all Bumble Brew and Delicious Hospitality Group (DHG) policies and guidelines.
Front Door & Guest Experience
- Maintain an understanding of the front door policies and consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service.
- Anticipate guest needs at the beginning of their experience in the restaurant and create strong guest relationships and regulars. Create a welcoming environment for guests upon arrival and departure.
- Ensure constant communication with staff members and management as necessary at all times during service in order to serve guests to the best of our ability and to support each other.
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy when using the Resy platform during service.
- Must be able to provide accurate table updates and assist in running a waitlist if necessary.
- Responsible for distributing soignée tickets.
- Reliably complete all assigned side work.
- Responsible for keeping coat check neat and organized and setting teammates up for success for the following day.
- Able to step in and assist when needed elsewhere in the restaurant.
- Must be able to be proficient in menu knowledge and be able to answer questions on hours of operation, restaurant history, and basic information about DHG and the sister restaurants.
- Able to lift 30+ lbs.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Polished personal presentation: Grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to perform essential job functions when working under stress, in fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain a culture of inclusive excellence and workplace dignity.
- Cultivate a work environment that is safety-first, kind, and encourages personal and professional growth.
Work Experience Requirements
- 6+ months’ experience as host in a high-volume, similar caliber concept
- Experience working with Open Table or Resy platforms
- High school diploma or GED preferred
What you’ll be part of – Bumble Brew:
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night. Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, and espresso drinks and teas. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with pasta and small plates as the restaurant’s central focus. Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cafe, Wine Bar
Part of Delicious Hospitality Group
Bumble (the women-first social networking app) and Delicious Hospitality Group (Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records), are teaming up to bring New York City an all-day café, wine bar, and private event space in Soho - opening July 2021!
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night.
Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, carefully sourced coffee and teas from the team behind the cafe program at Easy Viktor. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with house-made pasta and small plates you've come to expect from the Delicious Hospitality team.
Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.