Required Years of Experience
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Delicious Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
Bumble, the women-first social networking app, and Delicious Hospitality Group, the brand behind popular restaurants Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records, are looking for a Server to join our new Bumble Brew team. Bumble Brew is an all-day café and wine bar coming to New York City’s bustling Soho neighborhood in 2021.
A server at Bumble Brew is responsible for being an active, contributing member of the team. Servers are responsible for creating hospitable guest experiences, while demonstrating a level of excellence in both food & beverage knowledge and all technical aspects of the position.
Work with management and the FOH service team to effectively maintain the Bumble Brew standards of service and guest experience.
Bumble Brew & DHG Policies and Guidelines
- Arrive on time and “floor-ready” for all scheduled shifts. Arrive to work following dress code guidelines and standards.
- Clock in and out for each scheduled shift and shift break. Exhibit accurate and effective use of time and attendance portals and procedures.
- Abide by all Bumble Brew and Delicious Hospitality Group (DHG) policies and guidelines.
Service & Guest Experience
- Servers are responsible for taking all orders and ensuring that all to-go and pick up items are distributed accurately and within a timely manner.
- Servers will oversee all guest interactions on the patio, ensuring that guest needs are met and that tables are bussed and cleaned between use. Ensure constant communication with staff members, management and the kitchen at all times during service.
- Work closely with the kitchen expeditor to ensure that all to-go and delivery orders are fulfilled with accuracy.
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service and consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service and anticipating guest needs.
- Ensure that management is aware of any guest needs or concerns in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate speed and accuracy when using the POS system during service.
Menu Knowledge, Side Work and Station Maintenance
- Demonstrates knowledge of all menu items, as well as daily specials. All members of the server team are responsible for being able to effectively describe each dish as well as the ingredients, preparation/techniques, purveyors and allergens.
- Must have an understanding of all wine, beer and cocktail options.
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the restaurant both before, during and after service.
- Demonstrate knowledge of DHG’s Workplace Health and Safety Manual & Department of Health (DOH) standards.
- Complete all assigned side work as dictated by management.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all side stations and dish pit area.
- Able to lift 30+ lbs.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Polished personal presentation: Grooming meets Company standards, as outlined by Employee Handbook.
- Able to work nights, weekends and holidays, and variable schedule, per the needs of the business.
- Ability to walk, stand, and/or bend continuously and for extended periods as required to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to perform essential job functions when working under stress, in fast-paced environment.
- Develop and maintain a culture of inclusive excellence and workplace dignity.
- Cultivate a work environment that is safety-first, kind, and encourages personal and professional growth.
Work Experience Requirements
- 1+ years’ experience as a server in a similar caliber concept
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- TIPS Certification preferred
- Holds NY Department of Health & Mental Hygiene Food Protection Certificate, preferred
What you’ll be part of – Bumble Brew:
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night. Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, and espresso drinks and teas. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with pasta and small plates as the restaurant’s central focus. Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits
Other jobs you might be interested in
Cafe, Wine Bar
Part of Delicious Hospitality Group
Bumble (the women-first social networking app) and Delicious Hospitality Group (Charlie Bird, Pasquale Jones, and Legacy Records), are teaming up to bring New York City an all-day café, wine bar, and private event space in Soho - opening July 2021!
Bumble Brew will combine the convenience of a casual coffee house by day with the ambiance of an intimate wine bar and lounge at night.
Every morning, guests may enjoy a selection of baked goods, savory bites, carefully sourced coffee and teas from the team behind the cafe program at Easy Viktor. The space will later transition into a wine bar, with house-made pasta and small plates you've come to expect from the Delicious Hospitality team.
Time spent at Bumble Brew, even if it's ordering a cup of coffee to-go, will leave people feeling as they do on the Bumble app: welcome, respected, and included. Bumble Brew will serve as a space that brings purpose and community to daily life.