Required Years of Experience
The Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group is looking for pastry cooks to work with us at our spacious production kitchen. Our mission (and yours) is to provide our sister restaurants with fresh pastries and desserts of the highest quality. It’s a great responsibility that challenges us every day.
If you are looking to develop your craft, in an environment that values professional growth, customer service, personal integrity, community, and innovation then here is a good place to do it.
All skill levels are welcome. There is so much to learn. Experience with us:
- Cakes – Create and decorate centerpieces for our guests’ special event. We bake from scratch, no buckets of icing or cake mixes used.
- Chocolates – Understand the science of couverture chocolate and apply best technique for truffles, mousse, ganache and decorations.
- Breakfast Pastries – Learn to laminate dough for Viennoiserie. Croissants, Cruffins, Danishes, if you can dream it we can make it. Perfect the perfect muffin, biscuit or cinnamon roll.
- Petite Fours – Small but full of flavor and presentation, create miniature works of art. A guest favorite that makes an impressive dessert display.
- Plated Desserts – Keep with the season, be part of a changing dessert menu that is ingredient driven with a focus on clean flavor and presentation.
- Ice Cream and Sorbet – From rich vanilla to dark chocolate and everything in between. Learn the methods behind producing ice cream and sorbets.
Location: Gert Town/ plenty of free parking
Full time and part time shifts available. Shift begins at 5 am. Must be willing to work weekend shifts.
Compensation $15-20/hr based on experience
The City of New Orleans has mandated requirements to enter certain establishments, including restaurants. This includes employees of RBRG.
All applicants MUST (1) provide proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID vaccine -OR- (2) a negative PCR test taken within the previous 72 hours to access a restaurant for an interview / orientation / or once hired.
Compensation: Hourly ($15.00 - $20.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Ralph Brennan Restaurant Group
Ralph Brennan has welcomed guests to his tables for over three decades with the vision of preserving and celebrating Louisiana’s rich bounty of food and culture.
Where the culinary culture of New Orleans is concerned, you don't get much more in-the-thick-of-it than Ralph Brennan. A third generation scion of the family whose name is synonymous with New Orleans restaurants, he is steeped in the industry as a consummate professional - and as an enthusiastic wine and food connoisseur, in the truest sense of the word.