Required Years of Experience
Morandi Restaurant is Seeking Sous Chef! If you are passionate about cooking and want to be part of a great team with amazing potential for growth, this is your perfect opportunity to take your career to the next level! We are offering extremely exciting opportunities for growth and creative freedom.
Morandi is a rustic Italian trattoria from restaurateur Keith McNally.
Nestled in the heart of the West Village, Morandi offers seasonal Italian dining in a lively setting. Fresh handmade pastas and comforting entrées adorn the menu along with an extensive wine list. Morandi is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner and brunch and offers outdoor seating in the warmer months.
- Minimum of 5 yrs experience in a high-volume setting
- Minimum of 1 year management experience
- Understanding of all stations, techniques and standards
- Food Protection Card and High knowledge of DOH procedures required
- Culinary degree preferred
- FULL AVAILABILITY- daytime hours, evening hours and weekends
- Able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Organized and detail oriented
- Able to handle multiple tasks and works well in environment with time constraints.
- Able to handle last minute changes
Responsibilities (Included but not limited to
- Properly execute plated dishes with varying components to standards set by Executive Chef
- Complete all closing requirements as directed by Executive Chef
- Serves as the acting Head Manager when the Executive Chef is not on the restaurant premises
- Taste and review products on a daily basis to ensure quality and consistency with preparation and presentation
- Have working knowledge of inventory ordering systems
- Identify and communicate suggestions to the Executive Chef or Executive Sous Chef for policies and procedures to improve the operation
- Ensure that proper sanitation and safety practices are followed
- Supervise hourly staff
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)