Required Years of Experience
Security personnel are responsible for the overall security and well being of the property, staff and guests. Security personnel should be in regular communication with the management team to identify areas requiring observation and presence. The goal of security is to prevent issues from occurring through active observation and presence. When issues do occur, our initial approach is always to de-escalate the situation verbally before moving to any physical tactics. Our security personnel are looking out for the health and safety of all while they must also move with a semblance of grace to preserve the sanctity and art of the theaters and performances.
- Treat all guests with RESPECT and HOSPITALITY.
- Provide courteous customer service to all guests.
- Confirm location code of conduct is being followed by all guests. Work with management to ensure all policies are being enforced.
- Support store management as requested or observed as needing support.
- Monitor front door and exterior on ground level for code of conduct or policy violations prior to shows
- Monitor theaters during shows for code of conduct or policy violations.
- Prevent conspicuous loitering and ensure smoking distance from the door and patio is properly maintained.
- Enforce COVID-19 guidelines are being followed by guests (subject to change based on local regulations):
- Masks must be worn when entering the space and anytime not seated at the table. This includes visits to the restroom, photos etc...
- Guests must remain seated during their visit. No standing, loitering, wandering, dancing, socializing with other tables or ordering directly from the bar.
- Ensure guests are following all COVID-19 Era “House Rules” which may change based on local regulations or company policy or store policy.
- In the event of unruly guests, security personnel must maintain professionalism and not engage in verbal altercations.
- Ensure that unruly guests exit the facility in an orderly manner.
- If unruly guests have damaged property or need to resolve their bill, use reasonable verbal intervention to achieve amicable solution between management and guests.
- A guest who has already been notified that they are no longer welcome may use foul or abusive language. Issue the individual(s) a verbal trespass notice as necessary but ensure they continue to move out of the facility in a calm and orderly fashion.
- At least 21 years old
- Experience in safety compliance and enforcement
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
- Ability to work day and night, often into the late hours of the night
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 days per week
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
About The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Founded in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group was the result of the partnership between Scott Weiner and Greg Mohr who met in 2003. With the opening of The Fifty/50 in Wicker Park, they found themselves at the forefront of Chicago's growing restaurant and bar movement.
Since then, they've invested in growing neighborhoods and communities across Chicago to become fixtures with unique concepts such as Roots Pizza and West Town Bakery. Along with the company's rapid growth, they've worked hard to build a great company culture. Currently, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group either owns or manages 14 establishments.
The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group has become one of Chicago's fastest growing restaurant groups due to their amazing people. The group continues to focus on new restaurant concepts and locations within Chicago as well as other cities across the US.
About the Second City
The Second City is the premier brand in improve-based sketch comedy and the world’s largest school of improvisation with theatres and training centers in Chicago, Toronto, and Hollywood. We have full time touring ensembles, the Harold Ramis Film School, and a thriving B2B division focused on hands-on learning, digital content, and consumer insight. Founded in 1959, the company continues to grow rapidly in size and influence.
It must be understood that this position is as an employee of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group, who is operating as an operations and fiduciary manager of Second City, to perform the duties detailed within this job description. The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group also operates Roots Handmade Pizza and Utopian Tailgate at Piper’s Alley. While this position will oversee duties related to Second City Theater operations this employee is in no way employed or contracted by Second City. All compensation, benefits and related work policies and procedures will be consistent with policies at other properties managed by the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)