Required Years of Experience
Craft Restaurant, a Tom Colicchio restaurant, which offers seasonal menus in NYC with fresh, seasonal restaurant dishes served in a casual and sophisticated atmosphere, is looking for a polisher to join our team!
- Collect washed glass racks and plates from dish put and bring them to the polishing station
- Polishing glassware and silverware as needed throughout service
- Ensuring that all necessary glass and silverware are stocked in the bar and dining room
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work station
- Communicate effectively with all team members
- Maintain presentable appearance
- Has a sincere interest in the hospitality industry
- Able to work in a team environment and welcome feedback and direction
- Capability to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Unintimidated by repetitive work
- Maintains a positive attitude when presented with challenging tasks
- Able to work quickly & precisely
- Lift up to 50 pounds of weight
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, climb up and down stairs, walk, carry multiple objects
- Ability to balance & carry multiple plates, glass racks and or/glasses
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance options for full time employees
- Paid Time Off, increases with length of service
- Daily family meal provided
- Team outings, trainings, and speakers
- Flex spending options (medical, transit, parking, dependent care)
- Bi-monthly restaurant dining vouchers ($720 annual value)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Craft is an EEO Employer
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Lift 50 Lbs
American, Farm To Table
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Crafted Hospitality
After citing morels as his favorite food in an interview, chef Tom Colicchio, then at the helm of Gramercy Tavern, got to thinking — Where can you go to eat just mushrooms, or order a bowl of sweet, tender peas when they’re at their best in early spring?
The idea of Craft evolved from there. This would be a restaurant that mimicked the experience of dining in someone’s home – simply prepared dishes highlighting pristine, seasonal ingredients served family-style; guests building their own plates from dishes brought to the center of the table.