Required Years of Experience
Blue Hill at Stone Barns is seeking a career minded Events Line Cook with an appetite for knowledge & a high level of awareness to join us in creating a team based, confident, gracious & personable experience for both our teams and our guests.
The Events Line Cook is responsible for assisting the Events Chef to prepare and service food for private events at Blue Hill at Stone Barns. The position is based out of Pocantico Hills, New York, but there may be travel outside of Pocantico Hills to prepare and service food for off-site private events (Blue Hill on the Road). Additional responsibilities include participating in meetings with the Events Chef to plan, prepare and service food items for the Blue Hill Café and Grain Bar and supporting the Events Chef to research food ingredients and to create food recipes for future menu items.
- High school diploma and/or one year of restaurant or catering experience preferred
- Past experience in food preparation, including the use of kitchen equipment and of cooking procedures and methods
- Able to multitask in discrete time periods and to maintain a flexible schedule
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Works well in a team
- Attention to cleanliness and health and safety protocols, including knowledge of applicable fire, health, and
- safety codes, rules, and regulations and enhanced COVID-19 protocols (a Food Handlers Certificate or ServSafe Certification is a plus)
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Farm To Table, New American
Part of Blue Hill Farm
Blue Hill at Stone Barns is regarded as one of the most exciting and innovative places to eat, cook, learn and explore, garnering widespread attention and accolades, including the James Beard award in 2015 for the Most Outstanding Restaurant in the US, and ranking among the World's 50 Best List.
Blue Hill at Stone Barns consistently attracts loyal, dedicated and curious employees. Please be one of them. As a member of our team, engage in unique learning experiences and be a part of a community that's pushing the boundaries of 'farm-to-table' dining.
Blue Hill at Stone Barns is looking for great people with passion.
We are a small family run company that began with Blue Hill Farm. Today we are two restaurants, a cafe, a catering business, and a marketplace. Chef Dan Barber and co-owners David and Laureen Barber, have cultivated a cutting edge farm-to-table dining experience that is actually a table in the middle of an 80 acre working farm. We are 30 miles from midtown Manhattan and yet it looks and feels like the rolling hills of Vermont. Come join us!