Required Years of Experience
The butcher at L'Artusi will be responsible for fabricating meat and fish such as chicken, beef, pork, lamb, fin-fish, shell-fish, mollusks and crustaceans.
Butchers are expected to maintain a clean and food-safe working environment. This includes daily cleaning tasks and adherence to established NYC DOH procedures.
The butcher must be able to communicate daily ordering needs with the chefs and maintain FIFO of all product on hand.
A good attitude is a must.
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Butcher in a restaurant, grocery store environment or industry equivalent.
• Flexibility in schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Ability to perform physical requirements of job including standing during scheduled hours, kneeling, stooping, using stairs, lifting, push and pull items of usually 20-75 pounds.
• Vast knowledge of handling perishable items and product rotation.
• Food safety and sanitation knowledge.
• Ability to show initiative, work with limited supervision, and are self-motivated.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
Compensation: Hourly ($20.00 - $22.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Epicurean Group
Opened in December 2008, L’Artusi is named for Pellegrino Artusi, (1820-1911) and his self-published cookbook La Scienza in Cucina e L’Arte di Mangiare Bene (The Science of Cookery and the Art of Eating Well). The kitchen is the second in the Epicurean Group family where Executive Chef Joe Vigorito, General Manager Jorie Morales, Beverage Director Anncherie Saludo, and Managing Partner Kevin Garry share their expertise in Italian epicurean hospitality.
Chef Vigorito's modern take on traditional Italian Cuisine pairs with the mostly Italian wine list- presented by region with a map DOCs and DOCGs as well as traditional local dishes, helping to demystify Italy, the most diverse viticultural nation in the world.
Our 110 seat restaurant, features two floors of comfortable banquette seating, extended traditional bar, cheese bar and a chef’s counter overlooking the open kitchen. Private dining opportunities are also available in our 2500 bottle walk-in wine cellar.
L'Artusi is open for dinner 7 days per week and Brunch on Sunday.