Required Years of Experience
We are looking for an experienced and dedicated Baker to join, collaborate with, and contribute to our enthusiastic team. Our ideal candidate has a commitment to our core values of excellence, respect, transparency and resilience.
Requirements for Success:
- Possess a passion for baked goods, inquisitive mind, and an eye for quality
- Committed to mastering the techniques of producing bread at the very highest level
- Strives for continuous improvement and is eager to learn and grow
- Maintains a positive attitude and works effectively as a member of a team
- Has a general understanding for all aspects of the baking process: milling, fermentation, mixing, shaping, and baking
- Works cleanly and efficiently
- Ability to follow recipes and techniques
- Familiarity with bakery equipment: mixers, proofer/retarders, ovens, etc.
- 2+ years of applicable bakery experience
At Matter House our purpose is to create an inspiring, sustainable and prosperous business that brings joy, takes care of others, and helps build community through craftmanship around the table. Our company culture supports the growth and development of our employees and provides opportunities for education and advancement.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Matter House
Estela is a restaurant in downtown Manhattan from chef Ignacio Mattos. Set one floor above Houston Street, it is a bistro at heart, taking familiar ideas like tartare, ricotta dumplings, burrata on toast, fried rice, and steak, and presenting them in new, satisfying ways. The bar is open late, and you can come in for just a glass and a small bite, should you feel like it. Now in its 8th year, Estela has earned numerous accolades, including a place on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants List, a Michelin star and two stars from both New York Magazine and the New York Times.