Required Years of Experience
Temple Court in the Beekman Hotel is looking for it's next Food and Beverage Manager to join their growing team!
- Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation.
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times.
- Drive the standards for service & hospitality.
- Organize and complete the administrative set up and break down of service (including but not limited to: creation of floor plans, menus, employee check in, employee cash outs, bank close out etc.)
- Ensure all menu descriptions & formatting are kept accurate and up to date at all times.
- Maintain effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and team members.
- Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods.
- Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in the cycle of service as needed.
- Ensure all FOH employees are properly trained, and certified if applicable, and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their job functions.
- Implement appropriate service recovery guidelines in order to ensure total guest satisfaction.
- Continuously recruit strong candidates and grow current employees through empowerment and development.
- Conduct performance evaluations; provide daily feedback, to ensure that consistent standards are met and that employees understand their role.
- Concentrate effort on developing team member’s skills.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure proper coverage, while maintaining budgeted goals.
- Assist with ordering of supplies and other items as deemed necessary.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new menus or menu changes.
- Ensure attention to budgetary and fiscal responsibilities and goals.
- Oversee and balance payroll when necessary.
- Train staff on policies & procedures, POS system, opening & closing procedures and service and ordering etiquette.
- Interact with outside contacts to include guests, vendors, regulatory agencies, and other contacts as needed.
- Provide a leadership role for all F&B staff.
- Stay up to date with industry trends by reading publications, and keeping up-to-date with pertinent and related F&B city-wide functions.
- 3+ years of restaurant management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of food preparation methods and culinary terminology.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of beverages.
- Must demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills in English; Spanish is a plus.
- Must be able to use basic mathematical skills, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Sound knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint; computer literate.
- Capable of making presentations and conversing with a diverse audience.
- Ability to remain flexible in determining a variety of problem solving approaches.
- The ability to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company philosophy, policies and applicable laws.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including late nights, weekends, and holidays when necessary.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds of weight.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time, and move/walk about the designated F&B area.
- Ability to stoop, bend, reach, grasp, hold objects, climb up and down stairs.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance options
- Paid Time Off, increases with length of service
- Daily family meal provided
- Team outings, trainings, and speakers
- Flex spending options (medical, transit, parking, dependent care)
- Bi-monthly restaurant dining vouchers ($1,080 annual value)
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that are to be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be all responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Temple Court is an EEO Employer
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Part of Crafted Hospitality
Acclaimed chef and restaurateur Tom Colicchio pulls inspiration from the rich history of the building and his own culinary journey to provide a menu of classics, old and new, reinvented with his signature, seasonal touch. The dining room, set with rich, jewel-toned furnishings and antique accents is a one-of-a-kind setting, and paired with our experienced team, we bring the best of fine dining and warm hospitality to this exquisite location. Join our growing team and be a part of this blossoming city mainstay.