Required Years of Experience
Ēma is a Mediterranean restaurant showcasing Chef CJ Jacobson’s lighter California style of cooking. The menu highlights local produce, unique spices and ingredients and is built around mezze, Mediterranean small plates meant for sharing. Signature dishes include Spicy Hummus, Charred Eggplant Spread, House-made Labneh and Stracciatella, Green Falafel, Grilled Octopus and Chicken Kefta Kebabs. The wine list showcases selections from the Mediterranean coastline, surrounding islands and California producers with an old world style.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify / Participamos en E-Verify
Line Cooks are responsible for the preparation, production and presentation of all menu items.
- Prepare menu items according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests
- Available to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment, including knives
- Ability to effectively communicate in order to perform and follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a busy, stressful environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Able to move and lift up to 10 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 25 pounds, and occasionally move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to stand and walk for an entire shift and move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven or slick surfaces
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and par levels
- Maintain food safety and quality standards
- Ability to read a thermometer correctly and efficiently
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Maintain menu item counts and communicate to Management and service staff when quantities fall below restaurant specific minimum quantity
- Accurately account for all items coming out of the station
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Get along well with others and be a team player
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Ema is a Mediterranean restaurant showcasing Chef CJ Jacobson's lighter California style of cooking. At the core of the menu are spreads, dips and mezze, Mediterranean small plates. Signature dishes include Spicy Hummus, House-Made Stracciatella with Vine-Ripened Tomatoes, and Lamb Kefta Kebabs.
Ema shares its kitchen with Rotisserie Ema, a quick casual counter. Menu specialties include chef prepared salads, rotiserrie chicken and house-made frozen Greek yogurt.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify.