Required Years of Experience
Viceroy Chicago, located in the exclusive Gold Coast neighborhood, will mark Viceroy’s first destination in the Windy City. Located at the site of the 1920's-era Cedar Hotel, among historic mansions and just steps to the Magnificent Mile and Lake Michigan, Viceroy Chicago will offer a locally-inspired luxury experience with 180 guestrooms, including 18 suites. Explore modern, Midwest flavors at the hotel’s restaurant or head up to the rooftop bar, pool and lounge, perched 18 stories high for a sweeping panorama of Great Lake views and Chicago’s iconic, soaring skyline.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Maintains complete knowledge of and complies with all departmental policies, service procedures & standards.
- Knowledgeable in classic and modern cooking methods and techniques.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for their station, and to be ready for service in a promptly manner.
- Plans/prepares various food items and meals for hotel restaurant and catering functions, following proper food handling and safety guidelines.
- Understands food cost and portion control without sacrificing quality.
- Assists with quality and presentation issues, cleanliness and organization of the kitchen and the restaurant when necessary.
- Accommodates guest's special requests.
- Maintains a "clean as you go" policy
- A positive, service-oriented attitude and desire to contribute to a team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and anticipate guest needs.
- Strives to continually improve guest, owner and colleague satisfaction and maximize the financial performance of the department.
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems.
- Able to accommodate a flexible schedule that may include weekends and/or holidays
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 ponds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Education: High School Diploma or similar preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years working in a professional kitchen, cooking on the line. Luxury/hotel experience preferred. Knowledge of safety standards.
Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
This job posting in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the colleague occupying this position. Colleagues will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
Viceroy Chicago participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. Please review this important notice:
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Dining Discounts