Required Years of Experience
Are you looking for a career with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? We’re hiring! Bon Appétit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafés around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. We’ve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Summary: Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Associates at Bon Appétit are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k
Other jobs you might be interested in
We are an on-site restaurant company offering full food-service management to corporations, universities, museums, and specialty venues. Based in Palo Alto, CA, we operate more than 1,000 cafés in 33 states for dozens of marquee clients.
Our food is cooked from scratch, including sauces, stocks, and soups. (Salsa, too!) A pioneer in environmentally sound sourcing policies, we’ve developed programs addressing local purchasing, overuse of antibiotics, sustainable seafood, the food–climate change connection, humanely raised meat and eggs, and farmworkers’ rights. We’re grateful to have been recognized by many leading foundations, nonprofits, and industry associations for our work.
This mission statement, called The Dream and written by our CEO and cofounder Fedele Bauccio , has been Bon Appétit’s guiding philosophy since we were founded in 1987:
Our Dream is to be the premier onsite restaurant company known for its culinary expertise and commitment to socially responsible practices. We are a culture driven to create food that is alive with flavor and nutrition, prepared from scratch using authentic ingredients. We do this in a socially responsible manner for the well-being of our guests, communities, and the environment.