Required Years of Experience
Executive Chef Job Duties + Responsibilities
- Oversee training of all kitchen staff.
- Know and comply consistently with a couple core recipes, portion sizes, cooking methods, kitchen standards, rules, policies and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for and monitor quality of projects served.
- Oversight of all sous chefs who handle prep, expo, and private events.
- Experience with new store opening and building and training team from scratch.
- Ensure accuracy of purchase and inventory entry. Manage food cost of goods sold.
- Manage Back of house payroll rate and labor costs.
- Source local ingredients and develop relationship with vendors.
- Develop BOH systems that ensure maintaining a safe and hygienic kitchen environment.
- Report to DOO/GM in daily operations of restaurant.
Values and Approach
- Maintain a dynamic and seasonal menu which is expressive of your individual cooking style and reflective of the concept – Progressive Street Food, highlighting 5-8 cuisines at a time.
- Culinary Creativity. Come to work full of ideas.
- Passionate and take pride in promoting a strong company culture.
- Self-motivated, driven, strong desire to achieve
- Interest in working with beer, wort, and spent grain.
- Passion for/ knowledge of craft beer scene a plus.
- Attention to detail.
- Familiar with the Chicago dining scene.
- Event Planning and Execution.
- Ability to forecast sales and set correct ordering pars.
- Can make pizza, dumplings, bread.
- Prepared multiple non-American cuisines
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work standing and walking for extended period
- Must have 4+ years Sous Chef or Executive Chef Experience
- Experience working in a hands on, fast paced, high volume environment
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Love working with a dynamic team
- Budget/cost Analysis/Inventory/Pricing
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Tapas / Small Plates, Salads / Sandwiches / Soups
Bar / Lounge, Brewery, Casual Dining
Part of Forbidden Root Brewery
In years past, refreshing and satisfying beers were fermented from wild ingredients that were at hand. At Forbidden Root, Chicago's first botanic brewery, we craft delicious botanical beverages for today's sophisticated thrill-seeking palates.