Required Years of Experience
We are currently seeking a Sous Chef to join our strong team. The individual will have the opportunity to join the relaunch of the Life House Little Havana Hotel and its rooftop restaurant, Terras.
The sous chef can expect and 70/30 time split between kitchen and administrative. Strong time management and delegation skills will be indispensable in executing in the autonomous life house environment. The position is directly reports to the Culinary Director and is supported by the CD as well as the F&B team at large.
- Involvement in formulation of job descriptions.
- Involvement in hiring and final staffing model
- Supervise activities of all kitchen staff, including Line cooks, Prep Cooks, Dish
- Schedule all staff with a focus on financial success
- Manage performance of staff (including feedback & discipline)
- Monitors apprenticeship development.
- Ensure appropriate health and safety standards and best practices
- Master all recipes from prep to plate
- Determine kitchen flow from prep to service
- Food Costing of Menu
- Maintain ongoing involvement in menu and product research and development.
- Input & Feedback on Training and Development
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Thank you.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Boutique Hotel, Hotel Group
Part of Life House Hotels
Located in the heart of Little Havana, this Miami hotel is inspired by urban tropical estates, sprinkled with travel mementos of a worldly protagonist. Collected textiles, furnishings, and art from the four corners of the globe paint a story of memorable destinations. From the lobby café to the rooftop bar, every room will take you on a vivid journey.