Required Years of Experience
Life House is looking for a Lead Bartender to join us for the opening of our new Life House - Little Havana Hotel! The individual will have the opportunity to join a fast-growing team, building the first of a growing number of food & beverage concepts at our new property
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversees staff and daily operations of the Life House - South of 5th bar program .
- Resolves guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Maintains complete knowledge of service requirements for assigned functions:
- Detailed beverage/spirits/cocktail menu selections.
- Characteristics/descriptions of beverage/spirits/cocktail ordered.
- Liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic beverages ordered.
- Prices for specified bar selections.
- Designated glassware, ingredients, preparation method and garnishes required.
- Scheduled hours of service.
- Special requests/arrangements.
- Order of service.
- Special requests/ VIPs.
- Completes beverage purchase orders; manages storage; and resolves issues.
- Assists in marketing the beverage venues and developing effective promotions.
- Communicates with all departments accordingly to ensure smooth operations.
- Inspects grooming and attire of staff; rectify any deficiencies.
- Checks bar set-ups for cleanliness, organization and agreement with group requirements and departmental standards; resolve any problems.
- Ensures all closing duties for staff are completed before staff sign out.
- Participates in and complete necessary certification programs.
- Attends weekly F&B leadership meetings, act as a voice for your department in the meetings, disseminate directives to staff.
- Conducts, create and deliver beverage/spirits/cocktail trainings.
- Creates, propose implement beverage/spirits/cocktail menu items.
- Performs quality control on drinks, syrups, service standards, and technical proficiency.
- Ensures all bars are complaint with Life House standards.
- Completes all paperwork and closing duties in accordance with departmental standards.
- Assists venue managers with the human resources functions following Life House standards and policies.
- Collaborates with F&B Manager initiatives to oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance, and salary reviews
- Resolves conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and terminate, as appropriate. Assist in develop, recommend, implement, and manage the venues annual budget, business/marketing plan, forecasts, and objectives to meet/exceed management expectations.
- Creates par levels for spirits and liquors in all outlets, monitor/measure compliance with employees and managers.
- Cooperates with Purchasing / F&B buyer on orders and vendor relations.
- Responsible for monthly beverage inventories to be conducted and results reported to Finance.
- Auditable tasks like pours and measurements to be conducted with staff training
- Interpret financial reports and provide expertise on projected revenue vs. expenses.
Proficiency with POS
Extensive working knowledge of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Knowledge of local and state regulations related to alcohol service and health code compliance.
Competency in resource management and inventory control.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Other jobs you might be interested in
Boutique Hotel, Hotel Group
Part of Life House Hotels
Located in the heart of Little Havana, this Miami hotel is inspired by urban tropical estates, sprinkled with travel mementos of a worldly protagonist. Collected textiles, furnishings, and art from the four corners of the globe paint a story of memorable destinations. From the lobby café to the rooftop bar, every room will take you on a vivid journey.