Required Years of Experience
Oxalis is a neighborhood bistro just steps from the Brooklyn Museum born out of a desire to create an unparalleled dining experience that is both approachable and accessible while still being of high quality. Our focus is serving fresh and natural ingredients with a beverage program of equally seasonal cocktails, and a selection of ready to drink new and old-world wines, while delivering the highest level of hospitality and service.
We are looking for full-time Chef de Parties who:
- Have good communication skills
- Seek to work in a prideful work environment
- Maintain exceptional sanitation standards
- Have a curiosity and desire to learn and grow with us
- Ability to follow instructions and remain calm under pressure
- Ability and willingness to take direction, and work in a team environment.
- Understanding of general knife skills & classical cooking techniques
- Be able to follow and uphold the cleanliness of the kitchen and NYC DOH standard
- Minimum 3 years restaurant experience in this role
- Understanding of proper NYC DOH sanitation standards
- Positive attitude in the workplace
- Ability to work/stand for 8-10 hours a day and to carry up to 20lbs occasionally
- Ability to work and keep your workspace clean and uphold the standards of the restaurant
- Ability to work late nights and holidays as required
Plus, but not required:
- Experience in 2+ New York Times reviewed restaurants
- Experience in Michelin-rated restaurants
- NYC Food Handler's License
For more information, you can email us at www.oxalisnyc.com or send us a Direct Message on Facebook or Instagram (@oxalisnyc).
Please include a brief cover letter along with your resume. We look forward to meeting you.
Oxalis is an equal opportunity employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Oxalis complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. Additionally, Oxalis expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual origination, gender identify or expression, age, or disability.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Advanced Knife Skills
Food Safety Knowledge
Safety Procedures Knowledge
Family Meal Preparation
Food Handler Certificate
Basic Knife Skills
Other jobs you might be interested in
Upscale Casual, Casual Dining
A One Michelin Star neighborhood bistro in Crown Heights. Named after a common plant, Oxalis embodies the belief that simplicity brings more joy than extravagance. The menu at Oxalis celebrates exactly that: simple and natural food prepared with exceptional technique, highlighting the products of the season and bringing our attention to the subtleties and nuances in life.