Required Years of Experience
Role: Event Manager, NYC
Searching for an Event Manager to oversee Private Events and Community Engagement programs, supporting and adding to the overall experience at TALEA’s taproom and brewery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn.
TALEA’s brewery and taproom in Williamsburg, Brooklyn opened in March 2021. Our hospitality-focused experience showcases our signature low-bitterness, fruit-forward beers, boasts unique beer cocktails, and features a small, unique food program, all with a focus on tours & tastings. With our 20 barrel brew house and pilot system, we will continue to brew and release crowd favorites as well as experimental small batch beers, all with the mission of creating easy-to-love beers “perhaps to replace that glass of rosé” (Florence Fabricant, The New York Times).
TALEA is looking for an organized and professional beer and hospitality lover to grow our Events and Engagement business based out of our Williamsburg taproom. Experience in events management, hospitality, project management, community engagement, or membership management will be helpful; strong organizational skills, customer relationship skills, and a passion for craft beer is required.
We are aiming to build an events program that will help build loyal customers through memorable experiences in our taproom, and strengthen our business by offering a rotating selection of amenities to our guests, ideally sourced from our community. We would also like to build strong relationships with other like-minded businesses in the neighborhood, especially other small businesses or local businesses run by women or other marginalized groups.
The duties and responsibilities of an Event Manager center on planning and managing events of varying sizes and purposes. The Event Manager will be responsible for generating leads, booking and managing private events, planning and executing taproom activations (e.g., food trucks, pop-ups, etc, outreach and engagement with corporate clients, and community outreach and engagement, including our beer club members.
As a member of the nimble TALEA team, you’ll be joining a growing company in its early stage and working closely with the Taproom Managers, Head of Operations, Lead Brewers, and Co-Founders - be prepared to get your hands dirty! We value autonomy, ambition, grit, and an insatiable desire to exceed expectations. If you’re looking for a fun, fast-paced, challenging opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
- Engage in outreach to corporations, local businesses and surrounding neighborhoods about partnerships and planning events
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with vendors
- Respond to all incoming event inquiries and convert them to planned events
- Manage private events and taproom activations from concept to completion
- Manage memberships and events for TALEA’s beer club
- Communicate thoughtfully, respectfully, and efficiently with coworkers and customers
- Maintain a positive outlook and professional behavior under pressure
- Work with staff to ensure the completion of a successful event
- Address potential problems or conflicts that may arise
- Maintain a working knowledge of the needs of a wide variety of events and how they relate to TALEA’s space and brand
- Passionate about craft beer, excited about TALEA’s vision, and obsessed with customer satisfaction
- Enthusiastic and comfortable working for an early-stage company in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- 1-3 years of experience in event planning, hospitality, or customer service setting preferred
- Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you take initiative and work autonomously; you bring creative ideas to the table and see projects through to completion
- Priority will be given to candidates who can bring a contact list of events clients willing to host their events in Brooklyn
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Availability to work within open hours (e.g. days, evenings, holidays, weekends) starting immediately
- This role is a salaried position with competitive pay based on experience and opportunities for commission
- Benefits, including 50% healthcare coverage, are included
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Brewery, Bar / Lounge, Upscale Casual
TALEA Beer Co. is a brewery & taproom in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, creating easy-to-love fruited sours and hazy IPAs served in a spacious, welcoming taproom.
TALEA was created by Tara and LeAnn, who met after leaving their corporate jobs in tech and media to join the beer industry. They founded TALEA with the goal of making craft beer more inclusive and approachable. The TALEA taproom brings together beer novices and hop fanatics alike to enjoy beer flights, cheese plates, beer cocktails, and local wines.