Required Years of Experience
Our busy Italian restaurant is looking for a professional Line Cook who can help prepare meals as per our standard recipes. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating meal portions, cleaning food, cooking meals and keeping a sanitized work area. We are seeking an individual who has experience in the food service industry and is committed to impeccable food presentation and garnishing, which is important for impressing our guests and creating repeat business.
- Prepare basic components of each dish on our menu using our proven recipes
- Memorize and utilize our serving portion sizes and all basic meal prep procedures used in the kitchen
- Ensure that the kitchen, all food prep areas and all food storage areas meet restaurant cleaning standards
- Work with team of cooks to do portion prep work for other shifts when needed
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the restaurant
Qualifications & Skills:
- 2+ years' cooking and kitchen experience
- Ability to work on your feet for eight hours or more a day
- High level of professionalism
- Comfortable working with a team in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Excellent verbal communication and organization skills
Applicants must posses (or be willing to obtain)
- NYC food handler's certificate within the first 3 months of employment.
Compensation: Hourly ($17.00 - $20.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Food Handler Certificate
Basic Knife Skills
Cleaning / Sanitation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Epicurean Group
Opened in December 2008, L’Artusi is named for Pellegrino Artusi, (1820-1911) and his self-published cookbook La Scienza in Cucina e L’Arte di Mangiare Bene (The Science of Cookery and the Art of Eating Well). The kitchen is the second in the Epicurean Group family where Executive Chef Joe Vigorito, General Manager Jorie Morales, Beverage Director Anncherie Saludo, and Managing Partner Kevin Garry share their expertise in Italian epicurean hospitality.
Chef Vigorito's modern take on traditional Italian Cuisine pairs with the mostly Italian wine list- presented by region with a map DOCs and DOCGs as well as traditional local dishes, helping to demystify Italy, the most diverse viticultural nation in the world.
Our 110 seat restaurant, features two floors of comfortable banquette seating, extended traditional bar, cheese bar and a chef’s counter overlooking the open kitchen. Private dining opportunities are also available in our 2500 bottle walk-in wine cellar.
L'Artusi is open for dinner 7 days per week and Brunch on Sunday.