Required Years of Experience
Award-winning Chef Danny Grant’s latest project etta is located in the Bucktown neighborhood of Chicago. With a daily-changing menu of wood-fired pizzas, house-made pastas and farm fresh salads, etta is a celebration of rustic cuisine. etta’s concept is straightforward and honest: to serve simple, seasonal and expertly crafted food — all done within a casual-elegant neighborhood setting.
Who You Are
We are looking for professionals that are dedicated to their craft, are thoughtful in their actions, and very passionate and knowledgeable about the hospitality industry. It is important to be a motivated self-starter, and possess a hunger for learning and growing. You are serious about precision and are calculated in your efficiencies. Must be proficient and respect the restaurant equipment, work in a neat and organized manner. You enjoy your work and it shows to your fellow teammates and guests alike.
What You Will Do
- Prepare food for service
- Rotate items in cooler daily
- Follow recipes for bulk prep
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays
Who We Are Looking For
- 1-3 years of experience as a line cook
- Excellent knife skills
- Previous experience in high-intensity, high-volume kitchen preferred
- Strong passion and dedication to food, beverage, and hospitality
- Must be able to multitask and maintain a clean and orderly work area
What We Will Do For You
- Provide a learning environment
- Great compensation
- Clean and organized workspace
- Fun and creative space
- Room for growth
Compensation: Hourly ($18.00 - $20.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Upscale Casual
Part of What If Syndicate
etta is an affordable neighborhood restaurant that serves delicious wood-fired food. Centered around the wood-fired hearth, Partner and Chef Danny Grant peppers each menu with his favorite seasonal dishes that are expertly crafted alongside his culinary team.
From crave-worthy pizza and warm focaccia, to fresh, crisp seasonal salads to family-style shared pig and lobster picnics, etta has something for everyone. Just as the kitchen is the focal point of interaction within a home, etta’s open kitchen design gives guests that same intimate experience.
Each location features a wood-burning brick oven that bakes pizzas to perfection, as well as a giant wood-fired hearth for spit roasting and grilling. We pay attention to every detail – our service is superior, and we believe in generosity, making every etta experience exceptionally thoughtful. We love the neighborhoods that we serve and look to add rich diversity, creativity, culture and history.
In everything we do, there are four principles that we live by:
● Generous - We always give more than we receive, and we never take advantage of a guest. The value that a guest receives always exceeds what they pay.
● Professional - We do our work exceptionally, with skill and talent born from decades of hospitality experience. Our staff has more food, wine, and cocktail knowledge than any other restaurant.
● Fun - We love what we do, we laugh a lot, and we never take ourselves too seriously. Having fun is a critical component to success.
● Fail Fast - As we strive to be the best, we will make mistakes. It is ok to screw up as long as you learn, adjust, and get better. Don’t wait… fail fast and move on.