Required Years of Experience
Reports To: Kitchen Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared/Revised Date: July 2015
The primary role of a Food Prep Cook is to ensure proper preparation of various food ingredients to be used by kitchen staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Sets up station according to hotel standards and guidelines.
• Proficiently follow and complete daily prep list given by Supervisor.
• Prepares all raw ingredients and food components that are required for use on the line.
• Washes, peels, cuts, and shreds vegetables and fruits to prepare them for use.
• Butchers chickens, fish, and shellfish.
• Cuts, trims, and bones meat prior to cooking.
• Prepares components for salad dressings, marinades and garnishes.
• Properly stores items in the pantry and refrigerator.
• Assists line cooks in fetching items needed for service.
• Follow established health and safety standards.
• Follow all policies and procedures put forth by the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel.
• Other duties as assigned.
Kitchen Knowledge: Strong knowledge of professional cooking and knife handling skills. Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures. Efficient knowledge of how to use kitchen equipment and tools.
Education and Work Experience
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
• Minimum level of cooking knowledge in specified area or other related operation required or Culinary School education.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Certifications: Must have a current CA Food Handler’s Card prior to beginning work.
Compensation: Hourly ($19.00)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Fine Dining, Bar / Lounge, Wine Bar
Part of The Hollywood Roosevelt
LAUNCHING SPRING 2021, THE BARISH AN ITALIAN STEAKHOUSE BY MICHELIN STAR AND JAMES BEARD AWARD WINNER NANCY SILVERTON.