Required Years of Experience
For over 20 years, One Off Hospitality has developed and operated some of Chicago’s most beloved places to eat and drink. More importantly, we’re a group of people – chefs, hospitality veterans, managers and creators – who believe in the power of treating our guests like family and our restaurants like home.
REPORTS TO: CHEF DE CUISINE
POSITION SUMMARY: The line cook is passionate about cuisine, pays attention to detail, has strong work ethic and eager to learn. Line cooks work in a fast-paced environment ensuring that all menu items are cooked, plated and taste to One Off standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image
- With minimal assistance, be able to set up and work multiple stations at an acceptable level
- With assistance, able to perform prep tasks assigned by the CDC and managers in a timely fashion
- Completes required mise en place or prep list in a timely fashion
- Sets up station as required for all scheduled services
- Is prepared to work private functions, banquets and offsite events
- Operates, maintains and properly cleans kitchen equipment
- Maintains and cleans their required tools
- Works efficiently with a constant sense of urgency
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance
- Able to work a flexible schedule as business dictates
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Assists other team members as needed or when business needs dictates
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Culinary school graduate or equal work experience required
- Food Handler Certification required
- Ability to handle stress under pressure
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to be flexible with job demands and open minded when being asked to complete tasks
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the restaurant
- Ability to move or handle equipment throughout the restaurant generally weighing 0-50 pounds
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Ability to stand for up to 8-10 hours a day in a hot environment
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
One Off Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Compensation: Hourly ($18.00 - $19.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
avec, a wine bar from the award-winning team behind Blackbird restaurant, opened in October 2003. A menu crafted of rustic food, including handcrafted charcuterie, inspired by the wine-growing regions of Southern France, Italy, Portugal and the coast of Spain. In addition to cuisine that reflects the aromas, flavors and colors of the Mediterranean, the wine bar features a moderately priced wine list that focuses on boutique vineyards throughout southwestern Europe.
The James Beard Award-winning design, by Thomas Schlesser, incorporates the elements of wine-making into the architecture of the 1,500-square-foot bar and dining area. Designed in a Danish Modern style, the room finds ornamentation in structure and materials. The honey-colored room is wrapped in cedar and anchored by a light hickory floor and outfitted with red oak seating. The space holds five communal tables, each seating eight guests, encouraging a convivial atmosphere.