Required Years of Experience
For over 20 years, One Off Hospitality has developed and operated some of Chicago’s most beloved places to eat and drink. More importantly, we’re a group of people – chefs, hospitality veterans, managers and creators – who believe in the power of treating our guests like family and our restaurants like home.
REPORTS TO: GENERAL MANAGER
POSITION SUMMARY: The server has a passion for hospitality and has the ability to translate that passion into an exceptional dining experience for our guests. Servers are expected to build rapport with guests, share food and beverage knowledge, and maintain poise throughout their shifts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image
- Gains extensive knowledge of all menus, both food and beverage (including: ingredients, cooking techniques, allergies and dietary restrictions, plating etc.)
- Executes proper steps of service to effectively carry out exceptional service
- Walks guests through menus to answer any questions and assists with any necessary accommodations for allergies and dietary restrictions
- Listens intently to guests and be aware of body language to properly tailor the service experience to each guest
- Checks back with guests about every dish and beverage; communicate any necessary feedback to superiors
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and takes prompt corrective action where necessary
- Able to work a flexible schedule as business dictates (including nights and weekends)
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures
- Assists other team members as needed or when business needs dictates
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED graduate
- Food Handler Certification required
- Ability to handle stress under pressure
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to be flexible with job demands and open minded when being asked to complete tasks
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the restaurant
- Ability to move or handle equipment throughout the restaurant generally weighing 0-50 pounds
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Ability to stand for up to 8-10 hours a day
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
One Off Hospitality provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Compensation: Hourly ($9.00) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts, Wellness Program
Other jobs you might be interested in
5 Employee RecommendationsSee Details
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
From the team that created Blackbird and avec restaurants, The Publican is a beer-focused restaurant located at 837 W. Fulton Market in Chicago. Executive Chef Paul Kahan and Chef de Cuisine Dennis Bernard craft an eclectic menu inspired by simple farmhouse fare in a space evocative of a European beer hall. Designed by James Beard Award-Winner Thomas Schlesser, The Publican features the same simple lines and strong design elements that made the architect’s long-time partnership with Design Project Manager/Partner Donnie Madia so successful. A partnership between Executive Chef Paul Kahan, Donnie Madia, Terry Alexander and Eduard Seitan, The Publican anchors the burgeoning Fulton Market District.