Required Years of Experience
Boka Restaurant Group is excited to announce Girl & the Goat LA, in partnership with executive Chef Stephanie Izard.
Stephanie and her team are thrilled to join LA’s vibrant restaurant community and to take advantage of the area’s incredible bounty of produce and long growing seasons. While Girl & the Goat will share the global influence and bold flavors of its Chicago flagship, the culinary team is looking forward to crafting new dishes inspired by California produce and local flavors.
Girl & the Goat LA is looking for Sommeliers to join our opening team. We are looking for someone to work in conjunction with Master Sommelier, Ken Fredrickson, to finalize our wine offerings, to provide continued education for our team, and to evolve the list moving forward with Ken's vision in mind. This is an ideal position for someone whose passion for wine is matched by their deep commitment to guest service & hospitality. This position reports to the General Manager and includes hourly pay plus tips.
Sommelier Responsibilities: 85% Service / 15% Administrative
- Responsible for serving guests and helping to orchestrate the flow of dining room service - Sommeliers at the Girl & the Goat LA are an integral part in curating a memorable dining experience for all our guests
- Have wine conversations of varying depths with our guests, guiding them through our list, in a polished and poised manner
- Work together with the service staff to conduct wine service for tables
- Assist with service needs while on the floor (e.g. running food, running beverages from bar, clearing and resetting tables, etc.)
- Assist in managing the day-to-day needs of the wine program (POS management, ordering, stocking, menu updates, updating staff, etc.)
- Assist with weekly inventory and ordering
- Assist with inventory audits at the close of each financial period
- Assist with implementing wine training for new and existing staff members
- Expected to be constantly growing, learning, and expanding their knowledge base
Qualified Sommeliers must be energetic, enthusiastic, and have a great attitude.
- At least 2 years of experience in a fast-paced restaurant
- Possess exceptional floor presence
- Must be able to demonstrate an extensive depth of knowledge on wine
- Skilled in impeccable wine service and sharing wine knowledge with guests and service staff
- Ability to purchase wine and manage inventory
- Have a sound understanding of how we price wines and how to effectively manage cost in a high-volume restaurant
- Previous experience working as a floor sommelier is encouraged but not required assuming you can provide adequate working knowledge of our wine list
- Court of Master Sommeliers, WSET, or similar certification programs are encouraged but not required
- Ability to lift 10-20lbs if necessary
- Safely and effectively use all necessary tools and equipment
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant.
In this position, a great attitude, problem-solving skills, strong communication abilities, flexibility, and a hard work ethic go a long way!
Boka Restaurant Group offers. competitive compensation, 401(k) program, Health, Dental & Voluntary benefits package, and immense growth potential!
If you feel you meet the requirements, are a team player, experienced, passionate, and dedicated to your craft, we want to hear from you! Please reply with a copy of your resume AND a cover letter detailing why you'd be a great addition to our team!
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401k
Other jobs you might be interested in
New American, Tapas / Small Plates
Part of Boka Restaurant Group
This summer, Girl & the Goat is heading west for sunny skies and new culinary adventures. Chef Stephanie Izard and her team are thrilled to join LA’s vibrant restaurant community and to take advantage of the area’s incredible bounty of produce and long growing seasons. While Girl & the Goat will share the global influence and bold flavors of its Chicago flagship, the culinary team is looking forward to crafting new dishes inspired by California produce and local flavors.