Required Years of Experience
A Chef de Partie is not an entry-level position and is obtainable only after a Chef has gained considerable experience working in a kitchen at an entry level. This is an important position in any kitchen that comes with a lot of independence. A Chef de Partie is responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their assigned station. Because of this, a successful Chef de Partie must be very knowledgeable about their specialty, as well as culinary functions in general. A person in this role must also be very organized and comfortable working in a high-pressure environment. A Chef de Partie must also be able to give orders within their section, as well as reliably carry out orders handed down to them by the Sous Chef and Executive Chef.
• Available to work various shifts, including scheduled and on-call, nights, weekends and holidays.
• 100% - Walks and stands during entire service
• Must be able to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry and stoop.
• Must be able to move, carry and lift 50 pounds with frequency throughout shift.
• Continuous use of hands, including gripping utensils or food items, cutting, kneading, pinching, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Culinary degree and/or 1-year kitchen experience required.
• Able to clearly and accurately communicate with co-workers and Chefs; includes read incoming tickets and respond to directions from the Chefs.
• Maintain general culinary knowledge and skills.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills and be able to multi-task.
• Must be a team player.
• Knowledge of workplace safety procedures and sanitation skills according to Department of Health standards for hygiene and safe food handling.
• Knowledge of sanitation protocols issued by Center for Disease Control.
We provide you:
- A real career in the restaurant industry.
- An established, stable, professional company.
- Opportunities for advancement and growth within our multiple locations.
- Great perks and benefits.
Signing Bonus paid to the right candidates.
Our great perks and benefits include:
- A robust medical plan with a significant employer contribution for Full-time employees
- Supplementary benefits including Dental, Vision, Life, and Transit benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- BIG Employee Dining Discounts
- Wellness Programs
- "Quality Life" ‑ charity opportunities, employee contests, and other fun group events
Quality Branded is a group of upscale restaurants, which are owned or managed by father-son restaurateurs Alan and Michael Stillman with chef Craig Koketsu, including the flagship location of Smith and Wollensky, Quality Meats New York, Quality Italian New York and Denver, Park Avenue (Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer), Quality Bistro, Quality Eats, and Don Angie.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Advanced Knife Skills
Food Safety Knowledge
300+ Covers Per Night
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Quality Branded
Quality Bistro, a bustling, steak-centric brasserie in midtown Manhattan, offers contemporary takes on bistro classics in a whimsical space. Chef Daniel Parilla references his classical French training to create new interpretations of French dishes.
"Designed by AvroKO, the space features a warmly outfitted bar area; a cooler, plant filled conservatory-style dining room with inc-topped tables and plush seating; another, brighter dining room up a few steps; and an airy private dining room beyond." NY Times