Required Years of Experience
A prep cook is an entry level kitchen position. A prep cook’s role is to assist in the preparation of meals by preparing vegetables, stocks, sauces, and other food items. Must also interact with staff members, and management in a professional and collaborative manner.
• Available to work various shifts, including scheduled and on-call, nights, weekends and holidays.
• 100% - Walks and stands during entire service
• Must be able to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry and stoop.
• Must be able to move, carry and lift 50 pounds with frequency throughout shift.
• Continuous use of hands, including gripping utensils or food items, cutting, kneading, pinching, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Attributes:
• Basic culinary knowledge and skills preferred.
• Able to clearly and accurately communicate with co-workers and Chefs and respond to directions from the Chefs.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills and be able to multi-task.
• Must be a team player.
• Knowledge of workplace safety procedures and sanitation skills according to Department of Health standards for hygiene and safe food handling.
• Knowledge of sanitation protocols issued by Center for Disease Control.
We provide you:
- A real career in the restaurant industry.
- An established, stable, professional company.
- Opportunities for advancement and growth within our multiple locations.
- Great perks and benefits.
Signing Bonus paid to the right candidates.
Our great perks and benefits include:
- A robust medical plan with a significant employer contribution for Full-time employees
- Supplementary benefits including Dental, Vision, Life, and Transit benefits
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- BIG Employee Dining Discounts
- Wellness Programs
- "Quality Life" ‑ charity opportunities, employee contests, and other fun group events
Quality Branded is a group of upscale restaurants, which are owned or managed by father-son restaurateurs Alan and Michael Stillman with chef Craig Koketsu, including the flagship location of Smith and Wollensky, Quality Meats New York, Quality Italian New York and Denver, Park Avenue (Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer), Quality Bistro, Quality Eats, and Don Angie.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Commuter Benefits, Dining Discounts
Basic Knife Skills
Food Safety Knowledge
Cleaning / Sanitation
300+ Covers Per Night
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of Quality Branded
Quality Bistro, a bustling, steak-centric brasserie in midtown Manhattan, offers contemporary takes on bistro classics in a whimsical space. Chef Daniel Parilla references his classical French training to create new interpretations of French dishes.
"Designed by AvroKO, the space features a warmly outfitted bar area; a cooler, plant filled conservatory-style dining room with inc-topped tables and plush seating; another, brighter dining room up a few steps; and an airy private dining room beyond." NY Times