Required Years of Experience
The Executive Chef is responsible for all culinary activities for the restaurant.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Make periodic and regular inspections of restaurant to observe quality of food preparation and service; food appearance; and cleanliness and sanitation of production and service areas, equipment and employee appearance.
- Hires, trains, develops and appraises staff effectively. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Consults with human resources as appropriate.
- Develop recipes and portion specifications in accordance with consumer tastes, nutritional needs, product specifications, ease of preparation and established procedures and budgetary constraints; participate in other menu planning activities to include the determination of purchasing specifications, product and recipe testing and menu development.
- Prepare operational reports and analyses setting forth progress and adverse trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Work with General Manager to ensure consistency of product, identifying potential issues and planning for upcoming events.
- Responsible for food costs and labor costs in assigned restaurant.
- Responsible for developing relationships with vendors, ensuring Schulson Collective maximizes profits and opportunities.
- Manage all levels/areas of the back of house and fill a role on the line or expo as needed.
- Initiate relevant maintenance requests for repairs needed in the kitchen.
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation and cleanliness standards as set forth by Schulson Collective and Seven Principles.
- Submits nightly reports on service, sales, labor & liquor costs, negative impressions, etc.
- Consistently meets standards outlined within the Schulson Collective’s Core Values.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
This position manages all restaurant Sous Chefs and hourly BOH staff and is involved in the planning, hiring, training and development of kitchen staff.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally push and/or pull up to 50 pounds. The employee will spend over 4 hours daily standing or walking.
Required Education and Experience
- Degree from Culinary Arts school is preferred.
- 7 or more years in Kitchen Management.
- Prior experience in menu creation, recipe writing and coaching/training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours and days. Must exhibit top-notch teamwork.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office products and Scheduling Tools.
- Must be able to work well under pressure; meet deadlines and ticket time goals.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401k, Potential Bonuses
Other jobs you might be interested in
1 Employee Recommendation
Part of Schulson Collective
Michael Schulson is the chef and restaurateur behind the Schulson Collective restaurant group. His imagination and vision have made him one of Philadelphia’s most successful hospitality professionals. Schulson is the owner of day-to-night destination Double Knot; the expansive Independence Beer Garden; Sampan and the adjacent Graffiti Bar; and serves as chef-partner at Izakaya at the Borgata in Atlantic City, N.J. Schulson Collective’s portfolio also includes the new-American spot, Harp & Crown, as well as contemporary izakaya restaurant, Monkitail, and cocktail lounge, Nokku, at The Diplomat Beach Resort in Hollywood, Florida. Notable Philadelphia restaurant Osteria has also been added to Schulson Collective as well as DK Sushi, the fine-casual sushi concept located at the University of Pennsylvania. Most recently, Schulson opened his red gravy Italian restaurant, Giuseppe & Sons, boutique steakhouse, Alpen Rose, and along with James Beard Award-Winning chef Jeff Michaud Rittenhouse pasta destination Via Locusta.