Required Years of Experience
A Line Cook is the backbone of our entire operation.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Line Cook to join our growing team and help prepare meals according to our standardized recipes. In this position, your principal goal will be to prepare high-quality meals that meet the chef’s exact specifications in a fast-paced environment and busy restaurant.
You will be responsible for setting up your station, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and restaurant growth.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary mise en place
- Answer, report, and follow instructions from executive chef, sous chef, and/or kitchen managers
- Prepare food for service
- Cook menu items in compliance with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Keep a positive and professional approach with coworkers
- Make sure that food comes out simultaneously with great quality and in a timely manner
- Comply with nutrition and allergy regulations and standards
- Help with preparation of pizza dough and other prep if needed
- Must pass/take a Food Handlers Certificate within two weeks of hire date
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, climb stairs, finely manipulate and key in data
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
- Returning unused items after service to the correct inventory location, or storing cooked goods for use at another service
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently
- Ability to work in high volume environments and multitask
- Ability to work early morning hours or late evening hours
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 to 5 days per week
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, and how to use kitchen equipment
WHY THIS IS A CAREER & NOT JUST A JOB
- Benefit Packages (Medical, Dental and Vision) with employer subsidy
- Competitive Pay and 401K + Match
- Paid Time Off (salary), Paid Sick Leave, and Paid Maternity
- Monthly Food + Beverage Perks at all of our establishments
- Quarterly Bonus Program (salary)
Visit our Group Page: www.thefifty50group.com
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Farm To Table
1 Employee RecommendationSee Details
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Homestead On The Roof — our cozy rooftop restaurant— is tucked away above Roots Handmade Pizza & features farm-fresh seasonal fare in its dinner, desserts, and hand-crafted cocktails from Executive Chef Jesse Badger.
Esoteric and small-production wines by the bottle and glass, a rotating craft beer list, and a tightly curated 100-bottle spirits list rounds out the Homestead beverage program.
Homestead sports an 85-seat outdoor rooftop patio sits next to its 3,000 square foot organic rooftop garden, two massive, vertical hanging gardens, and dozens of planter boxes, all filled with vegetables, fruits, and herbs. Homestead also has a 65-seat indoor, enclosed second story space which is open year round for private events.
Homestead is also one of Chicago’s premier off-site catering companies serving restaurant-quality, impressively plated dinners at event venues throughout Chicago.
Executive Pastry Chef