Required Years of Experience
Chop Shop is looking for an energetic and pro-active manager to join our growing team!
The ideal AGM candidate should have experience with inventory management, ordering, training and coordinating private dining and events.
Experience working in a fast pace enviornment with seasonal menu changes is preferred.
Opening in Oct 2013 the Chop Shop is now in its 7th Year and is poised to continue growing it's reputation as stand-out Chicago restaurant. Named one of Chicago's best new bars, best new restaurant 2014, and one of the best burgers in America, the Chop Shop is a three headed monster of a space featuring multiple divisions and a wide variety of culinary offerings. We feature a full in-house retail butcher and deli operation, restaurant in the downstairs Butcher Bar (holding 80 people) and the upstairs Butcher's Brother (seating 75), patio (seating 75) and 500 person event space in back.
The restaurant focuses on working with the freshest local ingredients, providing a warm and friendly experience, and an unpretentious approach to cocktails, beer, and wine.
The event space features a wide array of programming ranging from live concerts, private events and fundraisers, to food events (Old Style's Pizza Summit, DonutFest), indoor bocce leagues and film premieres!
Voted Best Outdoor Patio in Wicker Park
Voted Best New Restaurant in Chicago!
We're looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests' expectations to become part of the winning team at the Chop Shop.
Our team works together to exceed our clients', and their guest's expectations. We offer medical, dental and paid vacation. Chicago Chop Shop, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
TITLE: Assistant General Manager
REPORTS TO: Ownership, COO
Min. Required Experience:
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a full service, semi casual restaurant in a similar capacity as a manager
Classic Food / Craft Beer Service Knowledge, Experience in a High Volume Environment
Conflict Resolution, Customer service, Food Safety Knowledge, OpenTable or other POS Systems, Staff education / motivation, Staffing / scheduling
• A genuine passion for fine dining combined with solid food knowledge
(Italian food knowledge preferred)
• Must possess a hospitable and approachable demeanor combined with impeccable service standards, clean work habits and a keen eye for detail
• Proven ability to lead others and positively influence employee behavior with a "lead by example" mentality
• Ability to multitask in a high volume environment while always maintaining your sense of humor and appearing calm
• A professional and polished appearance is essential combined with the ability to interact with all types of team members and build relationships with guests
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule
• Must have computer knowledge of basic restaurant systems including Word and Excel
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
• High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred.
• ServeSafe Certified required.
• Previous restaurant experience required.
• Previous management experience preferred.
• Willingness to work mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
• Strong communication skills to train and motivate employees.
• Strong time management skills and accuracy to deal with a variety of duties and prepare reports according to schedule
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
These duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assists general manager with staffing responsibilities for hosts, servers, server assistants, food runners, bartenders. This includes helping with hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, and terminating, with General Manager's support.
• Oversee directly the host team and play a part in daily operations of this area.
• Cultivates guest relationships by getting to know Chop Shop repeat guests, as well as by developing new relationships with guests who have not previously experienced Chop Shop's many services
• With General Manager's support, implement and enforce policy and procedure to ensure that all verbiage amongst host/server/bartender/busser and food runner staff employees is uniform with guest communication.
• Works closely with FOH and BOH management and ownership in order to achieve seamless communication between the departments.
• Explores new ways to maximize the reservation system's options for the overall benefit of the restaurant and guest accommodation.
• Performs daily inspections and periodic audits to check safety of equipment. Addresses engineering problems with owner involving the cost, installation, and maintenance of such equipment.
• Make sure the entire space looks, smells, and feels good and maintains the standards set by Chop Shop (lighting, temperature, bathrooms, cleanliness, and seating arrangements).
• Participates in training about standardized policies (fire, hygiene, health, safety, employee handbook, etc.).
• Along with General Manager, implement training programs and oversee training for all new hires
Compensation: Salary ($50,000.00 - $65,000.00)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Potential Bonuses, Dining Discounts
High Volume Service
Team Development and Training