Required Years of Experience
Sommelier needed for Carbone Miami a high volume fine dining restaurant on South Beach.
Looking for individuals who are passionate about service, committed to excellence, and who want to become a valued member of our team. Along with competitive wages and benefits this is a great opportunity with options for advancement in the company.
- Assist guests with wine selections, consider their taste and budget when guiding them through the menu.
- Anticipate guest needs. Provide information to guests regarding our venues, menus and pricing.
- Ensure all wines and spirits are presented and served correctly and all pouring techniques are adhered to as specified by company standards
- Inform and explain alternative beverage selections to guests should their choice be unavailable
- Provide engaged, friendly and attentive customer service to all guests
- Practice highest regards for safety within all areas and with all materials
- Follow and adhere to all standards set for by the Department of Health (DOH) and appropriate Federal/State Liquor Control Boards
- Perform all other duties as instructed by management
- 2-4 years of experience as a Sommelier in an upscale, high volume restaurant is preferred but not required.
- WSET certifications preferred or certifications from another accredited wine institution preferred but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of wine and wine service techniques especially Italy, Burgundy, Bordeaux, Napa Valley and Champagne.
- Extensive knowledge of cocktails and spirits.
- Availability to work nights, weekends & holidays
- Positive attitude
- A “guest-first” mindset
Major Food Group (MFG) is a New York based restaurant and hospitality company founded by Mario Carbone, Rich Torrisi, and Jeff Zalaznick. The founders all exhibit a wealth of knowledge in the food, hospitality, and business sectors.
Major Food Group is committed to creating restaurants that are inspired by New York and its rich culinary history.
We aim to bring each location we operate to life in a way that is respectful of the past, exciting for the present and sustainable for the future. We do this through the concepts that we create, the food that we cook and the experience that we provide for our guests.
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience) plus tips
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off