Required Years of Experience
THE ROSE VENICE, located two blocks away from Venice Beach, is run by CHEF JASON NERONI whose menu focuses on local Southern California cuisine with an international influence from his world travels. We make everything in house using only the best and freshest local ingredients.
We are currently looking to fill a FLOOR MANAGER position. Great opportunity for learning and growth as we promote from within our restaurant. We are seeking energetic and talented candidates that possess a strong sense of team-work and are passionate about creating the ultimate guest experience.
- Minimum of 2 years restaurant management experience in a full-service, HIGH volume environment.
- Strong knowledge of operations including food, beverage, staff supervision, food safety standards, top-notch service and guest interaction. Be positive, polite, and PROFESSIONAL.
- Strong communication and leadership skills for a team of 200+ employees.
- Must be honest, genuine, and have an ownership-driven mentality with a hands-on attitude.
- Availability: FULL TIME! This industry is demanding of non-traditional work hours including; nights, weekends, and holidays (our busiest days).
- Must believe in the restaurant and its product and be able to share our passion with our guests.
- Strong financial and cash handling skills.
- Knowledge of POS Systems. Aloha a plus.
- Ability to work up to 50+ hours a week and excel under pressure, with style by wearing a smile.
- Comfortable with a 300+ seat dining experience.
- Competitive salary with full medical benefits after 60 days of employment.
- Daily Manager meal (Yes, we feed you!) and a generous employee discount when you're not working.
- Monthly cell phone stipend.
- Paid vacation.
- Managers participate in company bonus structure after probationary period.
Above all, our motto in everything is, "Be Nice." - The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a rigorous work ethic, and the ability to play well with others. Every single person who works with us works hard. Many of our people have been with us since before the doors opened and many have also worked with Chef at other venues, so we think of ourselves as a family and we treat everyone with courtesy and respect and expect anyone who works with us to do the same.
We are a very large Chef-driven restaurant with a family environment. Our program offers full dining service, a Market/Café, all-day bar and beer garden, an extensive wine program as well as an in-house bakery. We expect you to have a great time, be passionate in what you do, and dedicated to the position. If you are ready to work in a fun and upbeat restaurant environment, then we are ready to meet you!
Please send your resume along with extra information about yourself. We look forward to welcoming you as part of the team.
Compensation: Salary (Based on Experience)
Benefits & Perks: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off
Other jobs you might be interested in
American, Californian, International / Fusion
Part of Sprout LA
Rose Cafe is an iconic restaurant in the heart of Venice, serving locals and travelers alike since 1979.
Now, 36 years later, chef Jason Neroni (formerly of Superba) has kept the roots of the Rose that the community knows and loves, while introducing his seasonal, globally influenced cuisine.
Chef Jason Neroni’s menu focuses on local Southern California cuisine with an international influence from his world travels. The bakery, helmed by Jacob Fraijo and Christina Hanks (Quince/Cotogna, SF) under the mentorship of Alen Ramos and Carolyn Nugent, celebrate American classics, as well as some of the original Rose bakery classics re-conceptualized with their innovative techniques.
The sizable space, designed by local company, Studio UNLTD, includes indoor and outdoor dining with a beer garden, a full market and bakery, Verve Coffee bar, 40-foot bar with cocktails by Nick Meyer. The design aesthetic took nods from the evolution of the Venice community over the past 30 years, which has transitioned from a rough, urban bohemia to the more posh bohemia it is today. Art is also a very important aspect, as the Rose commissioned Craig Stecyk to cover one of its walls with a combination of bright 14-by-22-inch posters and imagery from the neighborhood.