Required Years of Experience
A server will be in charge of his or her section on the main floor, the patio, rooftop or private dining room. You are here to make the guest feel special, serving the customer’s needs and making sure to do everything in your control to guarantee a memorable experience.
- Greet and spiel each table in a warm & pleasant manner.
- Take food & beverage orders from guests.
- Write down orders and enter them correctly into the POS.
- Frequently check in on your tables to ensure they are enjoying all aspects of their experience.
- Accept guest payments, process credit cards, and make change (if applicable).
- Assist your busser and other staff members in clearing plates and silverware or running food and drinks to ensure all guests have a great experience.
- Learn all of the ingredients in our food & drink menu.
- Make recommendations and answer questions regarding food and beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the restaurant including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of restaurant inventory and supplies.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning,
- Provide great customer service, and follow Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Be a positive, upbeat, and personable person at all times while working.
- Be able to stay calm and collected in what could at sometimes be a stressful environment.
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 20 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data.
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic.
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish.
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 18 years old.
- Have a minimum of 1 year serving experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures.
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently.
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work daytime and nighttime shifts that may last into the later hours of the night.
- Weekend availability is necessary
- Ability to work a consistent schedule at least 4 days per week.
WHY THIS IS A CAREER & NOT JUST A JOB
- Benefit Packages (Medical, Dental and Vision) with employer subsidy
- Competitive Pay and 401K + Match
- Paid Time Off (salary), Paid Sick Leave, and Paid Maternity
- Monthly Food + Beverage Perks at all of our establishments
- Quarterly Bonus Program (salary)
- We are growing and always prefer to grow our leadership from within
Visit our Group Page: www.thefifty50group.com
Compensation: Hourly (Based on Experience)
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Roots is the brainchild of Greg Mohr and Scott Weiner, the duo behind Chicago’s Fifty/50 Restaurant Group. For over a decade, Greg and Scott moved up the ranks of several big-name restaurant groups. In 2008, they struck out on their own with their upscale sports-bar concept, The Fifty/50.
The Fifty/50 has been a roaring success. Crowds flood the place for its high-quality comfort food, irresponsibly low-priced bottle service, and premiere drink specials. The press freaks out over the food, the scene, the “40 oz. of the Week.”
With The Fifty/50’s unstoppable rise, Greg and Scott started thinking about their next big idea. Greg went right back to his Quad-Cities upbringing and the
one-of-a-kind pizza he devoured as a kid. As with any good idea, he put it up on Facebook to gauge reactions. His friends, family, and fans all but begged him to go with it.
And here it is. Authentic Quad Cities-style pizza. Pain-stakingly crafted comfort food made with fresh, local ingredients. House-made sodas and organic sweets for the kids. A Midwest-only beer list and late-night hours for the night owls. So come on in. Bring the kids. It’s a new Chicago tradition, and it’s damn good.